Long queues at Lakeside as new iPhone is released

Long queues at Lakeside as new iPhone is released

Long queues at Lakeside as new iPhone is released

First published in News
Last updated
Thurrock Gazette: Matt Abbott by , Chief Reporter

EAGER shoppers hoping to get their hands on the new iPhone waited in queues stretching outside and around Lakeside Shopping Centre.

But one shopper, who claimed to be in line from 5am tweeted to say the Apple store had sold out of the new 5s model within ONE hour of opening.

Thurrock Gazette:

Lakeside opened its doors at 7am while the Apple store opened two hours earlier than normal.

Steve Bertram tweeted: "In line at 5 this morning the lakeside store had run out of 5s so nearly all who had queued were sent away by 9 not happy."

While Jordan Abbequaye said on Twitter at 7.46am: "The queues outside Lakeside are more like crowds outside of Lakeside!"

Comments (31)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:50pm Fri 20 Sep 13

Shoebury_Cyclist says...

Ordered mine online from the comfort of my own home this morning. Should be here in a week or so.
Ordered mine online from the comfort of my own home this morning. Should be here in a week or so. Shoebury_Cyclist
  • Score: -11

1:29pm Fri 20 Sep 13

profondo asbo says...

Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
Ordered mine online from the comfort of my own home this morning. Should be here in a week or so.
communism and technology...not good bedfellows
[quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: Ordered mine online from the comfort of my own home this morning. Should be here in a week or so.[/p][/quote]communism and technology...not good bedfellows profondo asbo
  • Score: 1

1:29pm Fri 20 Sep 13

Guess_whose_back ;) says...

So sad.
So sad. Guess_whose_back ;)
  • Score: 26

1:30pm Fri 20 Sep 13

profondo asbo says...

comrade can i have a lift in your lada?
comrade can i have a lift in your lada? profondo asbo
  • Score: -6

1:37pm Fri 20 Sep 13

DogsMessInLeigh says...

fools.
fools. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 22

1:58pm Fri 20 Sep 13

Mattster says...

Sad B'stards.
Sad B'stards. Mattster
  • Score: 26

2:11pm Fri 20 Sep 13

Matt - Kent says...

Its a phone for goodness sake - is your life that sad that you queue for it??
Its a phone for goodness sake - is your life that sad that you queue for it?? Matt - Kent
  • Score: 29

2:24pm Fri 20 Sep 13

Parsnip says...

Complete idiots. It's the biggest & most comprehensive surveillance device known to man. Hope they enjoy ever second of their life being monitored
Complete idiots. It's the biggest & most comprehensive surveillance device known to man. Hope they enjoy ever second of their life being monitored Parsnip
  • Score: 22

3:36pm Fri 20 Sep 13

Shoebury_Cyclist says...

Parsnip wrote:
Complete idiots. It's the biggest & most comprehensive surveillance device known to man. Hope they enjoy ever second of their life being monitored
Watch out for those new fangled televisual boxes. I heard the people inside them can see and hear what you're doing while you watch them.
[quote][p][bold]Parsnip[/bold] wrote: Complete idiots. It's the biggest & most comprehensive surveillance device known to man. Hope they enjoy ever second of their life being monitored[/p][/quote]Watch out for those new fangled televisual boxes. I heard the people inside them can see and hear what you're doing while you watch them. Shoebury_Cyclist
  • Score: -14

3:54pm Fri 20 Sep 13

Clifford Close says...

I would imagine that quite a lot of people will just wait until they see some trendy twit waving his new iPhone about in public and mug him for it.

Cheap as chips....
I would imagine that quite a lot of people will just wait until they see some trendy twit waving his new iPhone about in public and mug him for it. Cheap as chips.... Clifford Close
  • Score: 19

4:00pm Fri 20 Sep 13

Thurrockbob says...

And the sheep all flock to Lakeside. Baaaaaaaaa!
And the sheep all flock to Lakeside. Baaaaaaaaa! Thurrockbob
  • Score: 24

6:08pm Fri 20 Sep 13

Southend Andy says...

So sad people have to que just to get a phone that will no doubt be out of date by Christmas, what are these people going to do then? Que up & get that one?
So sad people have to que just to get a phone that will no doubt be out of date by Christmas, what are these people going to do then? Que up & get that one? Southend Andy
  • Score: 16

8:06pm Fri 20 Sep 13

DogsMessInLeigh says...

i still have a Sony Mars bar in the drawer
i still have a Sony Mars bar in the drawer DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 12

9:12am Sat 21 Sep 13

Clifford Close says...

Southend Andy wrote:
So sad people have to que just to get a phone that will no doubt be out of date by Christmas, what are these people going to do then? Que up & get that one?
I've decided to start queueing for the iPhone 8
[quote][p][bold]Southend Andy[/bold] wrote: So sad people have to que just to get a phone that will no doubt be out of date by Christmas, what are these people going to do then? Que up & get that one?[/p][/quote]I've decided to start queueing for the iPhone 8 Clifford Close
  • Score: 14

9:53am Sat 21 Sep 13

Fish face says...

Why would you want one? It's an overpriced crock of poop
Why would you want one? It's an overpriced crock of poop Fish face
  • Score: 14

1:38pm Sat 21 Sep 13

emcee says...

I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good. emcee
  • Score: 14

1:41pm Sat 21 Sep 13

Dave_ says...

I sincerelt hope that my life never becomes so empty, that I queue to buy something just so that I can say I got one of the first, even sadder though would be one who got upset that I got one before them!
I sincerelt hope that my life never becomes so empty, that I queue to buy something just so that I can say I got one of the first, even sadder though would be one who got upset that I got one before them! Dave_
  • Score: 4

4:41am Sun 22 Sep 13

OMPITA [Intl] says...

It would be a case of Sour grapes.

They've simply gone bananas!

What is so wrong with the currant Blackberry?

They really should’ve listened to their Papaya’s
It would be a case of Sour grapes. They've simply gone bananas! What is so wrong with the currant Blackberry? They really should’ve listened to their Papaya’s OMPITA [Intl]
  • Score: 1

8:09am Sun 22 Sep 13

Shoebury_Cyclist says...

emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac.

I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper.

I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV.

In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV.

So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.
[quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac. I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper. I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV. In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV. So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options. Shoebury_Cyclist
  • Score: -1

8:45am Sun 22 Sep 13

profondo asbo says...

Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac.

I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper.

I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV.

In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV.

So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.
don't you have to take a vow of poverty to be a communist...unless of course you're one of those crony communists?
[quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac. I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper. I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV. In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV. So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.[/p][/quote]don't you have to take a vow of poverty to be a communist...unless of course you're one of those crony communists? profondo asbo
  • Score: 3

2:01pm Sun 22 Sep 13

emcee says...

Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac.

I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper.

I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV.

In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV.

So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.
So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point?
Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you?
It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.
[quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac. I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper. I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV. In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV. So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.[/p][/quote]So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point? Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you? It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this. emcee
  • Score: 5

2:55pm Sun 22 Sep 13

Shoebury_Cyclist says...

emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac.

I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper.

I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV.

In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV.

So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.
So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point?
Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you?
It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.
Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc.
I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily.
By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.
[quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac. I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper. I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV. In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV. So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.[/p][/quote]So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point? Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you? It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.[/p][/quote]Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc. I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily. By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years. Shoebury_Cyclist
  • Score: -3

9:58pm Sun 22 Sep 13

SaveOurStanford says...

iPrats buying overprice gadgets to spy on there iLifes !
uSad prats go get a life that aint sitting on your iPlops
iPrats buying overprice gadgets to spy on there iLifes ! uSad prats go get a life that aint sitting on your iPlops SaveOurStanford
  • Score: 1

10:25pm Sun 22 Sep 13

emcee says...

Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac.

I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper.

I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV.

In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV.

So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.
So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point?
Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you?
It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.
Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc.
I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily.
By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.
Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't.
The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology.
Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology.
[quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac. I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper. I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV. In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV. So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.[/p][/quote]So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point? Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you? It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.[/p][/quote]Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc. I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily. By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.[/p][/quote]Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't. The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology. Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology. emcee
  • Score: 6

10:38pm Sun 22 Sep 13

Shoebury_Cyclist says...

SaveOurStanford wrote:
iPrats buying overprice gadgets to spy on there iLifes !
uSad prats go get a life that aint sitting on your iPlops
Envy is a terrible thing.
[quote][p][bold]SaveOurStanford[/bold] wrote: iPrats buying overprice gadgets to spy on there iLifes ! uSad prats go get a life that aint sitting on your iPlops[/p][/quote]Envy is a terrible thing. Shoebury_Cyclist
  • Score: -3

7:44am Mon 23 Sep 13

Shoebury_Cyclist says...

emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac.

I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper.

I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV.

In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV.

So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.
So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point?
Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you?
It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.
Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc.
I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily.
By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.
Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't.
The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology.
Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology.
I see. So my buying three items from the same company in a seven year period makes me a 'brand wh0re' does it? I don't think so. How many people have stuck with the same brands year after year because they've found them to do the job they want reliably and well? Whether that brand is a car, a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner? People buy BMW year after year because of the reliability and quality, are they brand wh0res? Others repeatedly buy Dyson, are they brand wh0res? Of course not, they're buying a brand they have experience of and which they're happy to buy again.

Only when it's Apple do such terms get bandied about, and I think that Is purely down to petty envy from those who've never used Apple or can't afford Apple.
[quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac. I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper. I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV. In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV. So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.[/p][/quote]So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point? Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you? It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.[/p][/quote]Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc. I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily. By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.[/p][/quote]Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't. The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology. Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology.[/p][/quote]I see. So my buying three items from the same company in a seven year period makes me a 'brand wh0re' does it? I don't think so. How many people have stuck with the same brands year after year because they've found them to do the job they want reliably and well? Whether that brand is a car, a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner? People buy BMW year after year because of the reliability and quality, are they brand wh0res? Others repeatedly buy Dyson, are they brand wh0res? Of course not, they're buying a brand they have experience of and which they're happy to buy again. Only when it's Apple do such terms get bandied about, and I think that Is purely down to petty envy from those who've never used Apple or can't afford Apple. Shoebury_Cyclist
  • Score: -1

8:35am Mon 23 Sep 13

OMPITA [Intl] says...

Now then girls, put your handbags away and agree to differ like proper ladies. We don't want any eyes getting scratched our do we?

Remember what you were taught in Switzerland.

Wouldn't want to think that your Papas wasted all that money on Finishing School Fees would we?.
Now then girls, put your handbags away and agree to differ like proper ladies. We don't want any eyes getting scratched our do we? Remember what you were taught in Switzerland. Wouldn't want to think that your Papas wasted all that money on Finishing School Fees would we?. OMPITA [Intl]
  • Score: 2

1:59pm Mon 23 Sep 13

emcee says...

Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac.

I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper.

I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV.

In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV.

So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.
So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point?
Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you?
It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.
Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc.
I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily.
By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.
Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't.
The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology.
Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology.
I see. So my buying three items from the same company in a seven year period makes me a 'brand wh0re' does it? I don't think so. How many people have stuck with the same brands year after year because they've found them to do the job they want reliably and well? Whether that brand is a car, a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner? People buy BMW year after year because of the reliability and quality, are they brand wh0res? Others repeatedly buy Dyson, are they brand wh0res? Of course not, they're buying a brand they have experience of and which they're happy to buy again.

Only when it's Apple do such terms get bandied about, and I think that Is purely down to petty envy from those who've never used Apple or can't afford Apple.
Ah, but then only ever buying three "different" items hardly qualifies you to bestow the reliability and quality of Apple, overall. So my first reply to you, where I question your suggestion that because you own faultless "antique" Apple products that Apple were currently the best choice to go for, was justified.
I have contact with Apple products almost every day and can see no reason for the hype Apple give their products or their premium price they charge other than to give their products a sense of "false quality" and exclusivity and to make the "sheep" feel better about themselves. But again, kudos to Apple for their marketing techniques.
Also, if you re read my post in context you will discover that I never said you, personally, were a "brand wh*re". I suggested that it was those who continually bowed to the Apple cult who were.
[quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac. I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper. I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV. In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV. So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.[/p][/quote]So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point? Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you? It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.[/p][/quote]Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc. I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily. By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.[/p][/quote]Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't. The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology. Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology.[/p][/quote]I see. So my buying three items from the same company in a seven year period makes me a 'brand wh0re' does it? I don't think so. How many people have stuck with the same brands year after year because they've found them to do the job they want reliably and well? Whether that brand is a car, a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner? People buy BMW year after year because of the reliability and quality, are they brand wh0res? Others repeatedly buy Dyson, are they brand wh0res? Of course not, they're buying a brand they have experience of and which they're happy to buy again. Only when it's Apple do such terms get bandied about, and I think that Is purely down to petty envy from those who've never used Apple or can't afford Apple.[/p][/quote]Ah, but then only ever buying three "different" items hardly qualifies you to bestow the reliability and quality of Apple, overall. So my first reply to you, where I question your suggestion that because you own faultless "antique" Apple products that Apple were currently the best choice to go for, was justified. I have contact with Apple products almost every day and can see no reason for the hype Apple give their products or their premium price they charge other than to give their products a sense of "false quality" and exclusivity and to make the "sheep" feel better about themselves. But again, kudos to Apple for their marketing techniques. Also, if you re read my post in context you will discover that I never said you, personally, were a "brand wh*re". I suggested that it was those who continually bowed to the Apple cult who were. emcee
  • Score: 4

6:08pm Mon 23 Sep 13

DannyButcher says...

emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
Excellent post.

Having been involved in the old days when Apple were a computer company, this outcome was also inevitable, if Apple managed to hit the right audience.

Even looking back to the old Mac vs PC days, many Apple users tended to avoid even using conventional PC's with Windows. It's history repeating itself with the whole i'range of products.
[quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]Excellent post. Having been involved in the old days when Apple were a computer company, this outcome was also inevitable, if Apple managed to hit the right audience. Even looking back to the old Mac vs PC days, many Apple users tended to avoid even using conventional PC's with Windows. It's history repeating itself with the whole i'range of products. DannyButcher
  • Score: 7

7:08pm Mon 23 Sep 13

Shoebury_Cyclist says...

emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac.

I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper.

I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV.

In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV.

So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.
So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point?
Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you?
It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.
Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc.
I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily.
By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.
Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't.
The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology.
Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology.
I see. So my buying three items from the same company in a seven year period makes me a 'brand wh0re' does it? I don't think so. How many people have stuck with the same brands year after year because they've found them to do the job they want reliably and well? Whether that brand is a car, a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner? People buy BMW year after year because of the reliability and quality, are they brand wh0res? Others repeatedly buy Dyson, are they brand wh0res? Of course not, they're buying a brand they have experience of and which they're happy to buy again.

Only when it's Apple do such terms get bandied about, and I think that Is purely down to petty envy from those who've never used Apple or can't afford Apple.
Ah, but then only ever buying three "different" items hardly qualifies you to bestow the reliability and quality of Apple, overall. So my first reply to you, where I question your suggestion that because you own faultless "antique" Apple products that Apple were currently the best choice to go for, was justified.
I have contact with Apple products almost every day and can see no reason for the hype Apple give their products or their premium price they charge other than to give their products a sense of "false quality" and exclusivity and to make the "sheep" feel better about themselves. But again, kudos to Apple for their marketing techniques.
Also, if you re read my post in context you will discover that I never said you, personally, were a "brand wh*re". I suggested that it was those who continually bowed to the Apple cult who were.
I think using an iMac every day for seven years qualifies me to comment on reliability, quality, and worth. You on the other hand appear to be making it up as you go along. It has never failed, never slowed down, still starts up in 35 seconds and shuts down in 5 seconds. With windows PCs you can go and make a cup of tea while they start, the same while they're shutting down. Then they are vulnerable to millions of viruses and hacks.

Having use the iMac I would never use a Windows PC again, they are simply too unreliable and too vulnerable.
[quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac. I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper. I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV. In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV. So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.[/p][/quote]So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point? Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you? It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.[/p][/quote]Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc. I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily. By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.[/p][/quote]Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't. The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology. Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology.[/p][/quote]I see. So my buying three items from the same company in a seven year period makes me a 'brand wh0re' does it? I don't think so. How many people have stuck with the same brands year after year because they've found them to do the job they want reliably and well? Whether that brand is a car, a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner? People buy BMW year after year because of the reliability and quality, are they brand wh0res? Others repeatedly buy Dyson, are they brand wh0res? Of course not, they're buying a brand they have experience of and which they're happy to buy again. Only when it's Apple do such terms get bandied about, and I think that Is purely down to petty envy from those who've never used Apple or can't afford Apple.[/p][/quote]Ah, but then only ever buying three "different" items hardly qualifies you to bestow the reliability and quality of Apple, overall. So my first reply to you, where I question your suggestion that because you own faultless "antique" Apple products that Apple were currently the best choice to go for, was justified. I have contact with Apple products almost every day and can see no reason for the hype Apple give their products or their premium price they charge other than to give their products a sense of "false quality" and exclusivity and to make the "sheep" feel better about themselves. But again, kudos to Apple for their marketing techniques. Also, if you re read my post in context you will discover that I never said you, personally, were a "brand wh*re". I suggested that it was those who continually bowed to the Apple cult who were.[/p][/quote]I think using an iMac every day for seven years qualifies me to comment on reliability, quality, and worth. You on the other hand appear to be making it up as you go along. It has never failed, never slowed down, still starts up in 35 seconds and shuts down in 5 seconds. With windows PCs you can go and make a cup of tea while they start, the same while they're shutting down. Then they are vulnerable to millions of viruses and hacks. Having use the iMac I would never use a Windows PC again, they are simply too unreliable and too vulnerable. Shoebury_Cyclist
  • Score: -8

7:35pm Mon 23 Sep 13

DannyButcher says...

Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
Shoebury_Cyclist wrote:
emcee wrote:
I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing.
Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant.
The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.
I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac.

I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper.

I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV.

In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV.

So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.
So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point?
Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you?
It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.
Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc.
I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily.
By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.
Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't.
The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology.
Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology.
I see. So my buying three items from the same company in a seven year period makes me a 'brand wh0re' does it? I don't think so. How many people have stuck with the same brands year after year because they've found them to do the job they want reliably and well? Whether that brand is a car, a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner? People buy BMW year after year because of the reliability and quality, are they brand wh0res? Others repeatedly buy Dyson, are they brand wh0res? Of course not, they're buying a brand they have experience of and which they're happy to buy again.

Only when it's Apple do such terms get bandied about, and I think that Is purely down to petty envy from those who've never used Apple or can't afford Apple.
Ah, but then only ever buying three "different" items hardly qualifies you to bestow the reliability and quality of Apple, overall. So my first reply to you, where I question your suggestion that because you own faultless "antique" Apple products that Apple were currently the best choice to go for, was justified.
I have contact with Apple products almost every day and can see no reason for the hype Apple give their products or their premium price they charge other than to give their products a sense of "false quality" and exclusivity and to make the "sheep" feel better about themselves. But again, kudos to Apple for their marketing techniques.
Also, if you re read my post in context you will discover that I never said you, personally, were a "brand wh*re". I suggested that it was those who continually bowed to the Apple cult who were.
I think using an iMac every day for seven years qualifies me to comment on reliability, quality, and worth. You on the other hand appear to be making it up as you go along. It has never failed, never slowed down, still starts up in 35 seconds and shuts down in 5 seconds. With windows PCs you can go and make a cup of tea while they start, the same while they're shutting down. Then they are vulnerable to millions of viruses and hacks.

Having use the iMac I would never use a Windows PC again, they are simply too unreliable and too vulnerable.
If you are happy with Apple products, that is fine, but your denigration of Windows products is absurd. You may have experience with Apple, but you have obviously not bothered to give other products a fair chance.

Windows may have it's downfalls, but then so does the iMac, as does EVERY SINGLE product you are likely to purchase. Where Apple have triumphed is in aesthetic design and thus gaining non-technical type supporters, whereas most people looking to be productive choose Windows. (Though there are some obvious exceptions. DTP, Video Editing...)

The thing with some Apple users is that they have the belief that their products are without equal, when this is clearly not the case. I have supported/used Apple products for many years, and I can vouch for their usefulness, but I can also say that with an open mind other products are exactly as good, and definitely better if you need to do something out of the ordinary.
[quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoebury_Cyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I am afraid, what we see here is, it pains me to say, nothing but brilliant Apple marketing. Over the years it has slowly brainwashed Apple users into a hypnotic state of being controlled into thinking they "need" to own Apple products. And the cherry on the cake for Apple (too many fruit references) is the fact owners of the iPhone and other Apple products are so in denial that they have been influenced in such a way. It is even coming to the point that these people do not own an Apple product but that Apple owns them. Brilliant marketing, utterly brilliant. The sad thing, for those "easily led", is that Apple are no better than many other brands of similar products and, in some cases, not so good.[/p][/quote]I bought my first Apple device in 2006, an iMac computer. I bought it because I was fed up to the back teeth with Windows powered PCs that kept crashing, having blue screens, required constant anti-virus checks, required constant maintenance to keep running smoothly. I was spending more time keeping the d@mn things running right than doing actual work. So I bought a Mac. I'm still using that same iMac today. It has never failed, never suffered a virus or a Trojan or malware, never needed 'servicing' or repair, it still operates as fast and efficiently today as it did when new. In that same time period friends have gone through at least three or four Windows laptops each. Windows laptops might be cheaper than Apple computers, but over time the Apple gear works out much cheaper. I then bought an Apple TV box. Superb for streaming films etc. direct to TV from the iMac, or direct from the web using companies like Netflix etc. there are multiple choices of streamed content providers on the Apple TV. In 2010 I bought my first iPhone, an iPhone 4, which I'm still using today, it too has never gone wrong. It also works seamlessly with the iMac and the Apple TV. So now, three years later I'm upgrading my phone. I'm sticking with Apple because I know their kit works faultlessly and will do for years to come. Yes, Apple costs more than the average but over the long term it is actually cheaper than the so-called 'cheaper' options.[/p][/quote]So your equipment does what you have paid for it to do. I have an old PC going back to 1999 that still works very well (albeit at antique technology speeds). I have mobile phones going back 10 years that still work. So what is your point? Also, please explain what you mean by Apple being cheaper in the long run. You do realise you are buying into the cult and design, not the technology, don't you? It seems to me that you are, indeed, one of the Apple slaves I was on about, and you are, indeed, in denial of this.[/p][/quote]Not at all. From your comments it appears you have never used Apple equipment and are happy to be stuck with the substandard Windows operating system which requires constant maintenance, heaps of bloatware in the way of firewalls, virus checkers, malware checkers etc. I have used both and to put it quite simply Apple is technology that works extremely well and has yet to fail. Windows failed almost daily. By cheaper I mean over the last seven years I have spent £1350 on Apple equipment - iMac £799, Apple TV £99, iphone4 £450- in that same period friends have spent twice that on laptop after laptop, phones every year. My Apple gear has cost me less than I spent on milk each week over the seven years.[/p][/quote]Over the years I, too, have used both (work and pleasure). I concluded a long time ago that neither is better or worse than the other and I never bought into the hype that is Apple. I could never work out why people would pay Apple a premium just because it's, well... Apple, still can't. The majority of those who buy Apple products now days are those who are already Apple "disciples" and Apple are starting to find it increasingly difficult to entice new customers to take up their products. This is because people are beginning to realise that Apple are just producing and selling ordinary products for premium money and people are finding that they can, indeed, get more bang for their buck by buying products from their competitors. Apple are now nothing more than a brand, appealing only to the "brand wh*res" and those "conditioned" into thinking that Apple are the be all and end all in computing, entertainment and mobile phone technology. Again, I cannot take anything away from the marketing genius of Apple over the years but at the same time there now seems to be fewer and fewer gullable people buying into such technology.[/p][/quote]I see. So my buying three items from the same company in a seven year period makes me a 'brand wh0re' does it? I don't think so. How many people have stuck with the same brands year after year because they've found them to do the job they want reliably and well? Whether that brand is a car, a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner? People buy BMW year after year because of the reliability and quality, are they brand wh0res? Others repeatedly buy Dyson, are they brand wh0res? Of course not, they're buying a brand they have experience of and which they're happy to buy again. Only when it's Apple do such terms get bandied about, and I think that Is purely down to petty envy from those who've never used Apple or can't afford Apple.[/p][/quote]Ah, but then only ever buying three "different" items hardly qualifies you to bestow the reliability and quality of Apple, overall. So my first reply to you, where I question your suggestion that because you own faultless "antique" Apple products that Apple were currently the best choice to go for, was justified. I have contact with Apple products almost every day and can see no reason for the hype Apple give their products or their premium price they charge other than to give their products a sense of "false quality" and exclusivity and to make the "sheep" feel better about themselves. But again, kudos to Apple for their marketing techniques. Also, if you re read my post in context you will discover that I never said you, personally, were a "brand wh*re". I suggested that it was those who continually bowed to the Apple cult who were.[/p][/quote]I think using an iMac every day for seven years qualifies me to comment on reliability, quality, and worth. You on the other hand appear to be making it up as you go along. It has never failed, never slowed down, still starts up in 35 seconds and shuts down in 5 seconds. With windows PCs you can go and make a cup of tea while they start, the same while they're shutting down. Then they are vulnerable to millions of viruses and hacks. Having use the iMac I would never use a Windows PC again, they are simply too unreliable and too vulnerable.[/p][/quote]If you are happy with Apple products, that is fine, but your denigration of Windows products is absurd. You may have experience with Apple, but you have obviously not bothered to give other products a fair chance. Windows may have it's downfalls, but then so does the iMac, as does EVERY SINGLE product you are likely to purchase. Where Apple have triumphed is in aesthetic design and thus gaining non-technical type supporters, whereas most people looking to be productive choose Windows. (Though there are some obvious exceptions. DTP, Video Editing...) The thing with some Apple users is that they have the belief that their products are without equal, when this is clearly not the case. I have supported/used Apple products for many years, and I can vouch for their usefulness, but I can also say that with an open mind other products are exactly as good, and definitely better if you need to do something out of the ordinary. DannyButcher
  • Score: 4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree