Updated: People left homeless after blaze in Chadwell St Mary

First published in News
Last updated
by

Firefighters tackled a blaze in a maisonette in Chadwell St Mary. 

Just after 3.20pm today, three crews were called to the property in Felicia Way after a tumble dryer caught light. 

The first floor of the flat was alight and the rest was heavily smokelogged. 

Crews from Orsett and Grays worked to extinguish the blaze and some donned breathing apparatus to tackle the fire. 

The fire was fully extinguished just before 4pm.

Crews remained on scene clearing smoke from the maisonette for a short time afterwards.

The residents have been left homeless.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree