X-Factor Rylan feels "guilty" after results show controversy

STANFORD-Le-Hope’s Rylan Clark has said he feels “guilty” after being voted through to the quarter-finals of X-Factor.

Speaking on the Xtra Factor, the “reaction show” which followed the results show on Sunday, the tearful 24-year-old admitted to Caroline Flack that it should have been him kicked off, not 16-year-old Ella Henderson, who had been a favourite to win the show.

Rylan seemingly sailed through to next week’s quarter-finals, while Ella and fellow favourite James Arthur were in the bottom two.

It was revealed that Ella had polled the least votes after judges failed to decide between them which act should go.

In response to Flack asking whether it should be him instead of Ella, Rylan said: “One hundred per cent. I feel so guilty. I can’t thank people enough for voting for me, but Ella shouldn’t have gone.”

Nicole Scherzinger, Rylan’s mentor, called Ella and James ending up in the bottom two as a “tragedy for the show”.

Gary Barlow, a stern critic of Rylan, said: “Every time Rylan goes through a good act will go home.”

Rylan’s vocal performances often leave a lot to be desired, but he has won plaudits for how entertaining he is.

James, who survived to sing in this weekend’s Motown and Abba special, moved to back Rylan. He said: “Everybody loves Rylan. He’s so entertaining. So why can’t he win it?”

If he does go onto win the competition, Rylan has revealed that he will spend the winnings on the house he shares with his mum Linda in Stanford.

He has offered to get her a new front door and deck the garden. His mum, who suffers from Crohn’s Disease, came to see him perform in the live shows for the first time two weeks ago.

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:22pm Tue 20 Nov 12

Thurrock Trojan says...

Why is nonsense like this being reported by The Gazette? Never mind about the takentless Rylan, how about reporting serious local issues instead?
Why is nonsense like this being reported by The Gazette? Never mind about the takentless Rylan, how about reporting serious local issues instead? Thurrock Trojan

2:35pm Tue 20 Nov 12

xxxdave says...

If he wins the competition he is going to get his mum a new front door and some decking because she is ill..... what a F---k--g idiot... vote him off wrongen and tight fisted wholly.
If he wins the competition he is going to get his mum a new front door and some decking because she is ill..... what a F---k--g idiot... vote him off wrongen and tight fisted wholly. xxxdave

3:57pm Tue 20 Nov 12

I-say-you-say says...

How is this Rylan's fault? He has chased his dream and he is clearly being supported by the public! Yes Ella had a beautiful voice but we already have Adele and to be honest, Ella was getting a bit boring! Rylan may not have the greatest voice but he does give a good show!
As for xxxdave's comment - what's wrong with that?! Maybe it's what his mum wants, just because you're selfish enough to expect a round the world holiday, speedboat, new car, mansion etc! Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most to people!
I don't want Rylan to win (James or Jahmene to win!) but kudos to him for giving it his all and getting as far as he has!
How is this Rylan's fault? He has chased his dream and he is clearly being supported by the public! Yes Ella had a beautiful voice but we already have Adele and to be honest, Ella was getting a bit boring! Rylan may not have the greatest voice but he does give a good show! As for xxxdave's comment - what's wrong with that?! Maybe it's what his mum wants, just because you're selfish enough to expect a round the world holiday, speedboat, new car, mansion etc! Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most to people! I don't want Rylan to win (James or Jahmene to win!) but kudos to him for giving it his all and getting as far as he has! I-say-you-say

4:59pm Tue 20 Nov 12

Thurrockbob says...

I-say-you-say wrote:
How is this Rylan's fault? He has chased his dream and he is clearly being supported by the public! Yes Ella had a beautiful voice but we already have Adele and to be honest, Ella was getting a bit boring! Rylan may not have the greatest voice but he does give a good show!
As for xxxdave's comment - what's wrong with that?! Maybe it's what his mum wants, just because you're selfish enough to expect a round the world holiday, speedboat, new car, mansion etc! Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most to people!
I don't want Rylan to win (James or Jahmene to win!) but kudos to him for giving it his all and getting as far as he has!
Good try Rylan or his 'chum', however everyone knows this is a fix and it's all your chav 'chums' who vote for you!

You will be voted off not before time very soon, at the expense of actual decent singers. ;o)
[quote][p][bold]I-say-you-say[/bold] wrote: How is this Rylan's fault? He has chased his dream and he is clearly being supported by the public! Yes Ella had a beautiful voice but we already have Adele and to be honest, Ella was getting a bit boring! Rylan may not have the greatest voice but he does give a good show! As for xxxdave's comment - what's wrong with that?! Maybe it's what his mum wants, just because you're selfish enough to expect a round the world holiday, speedboat, new car, mansion etc! Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most to people! I don't want Rylan to win (James or Jahmene to win!) but kudos to him for giving it his all and getting as far as he has![/p][/quote]Good try Rylan or his 'chum', however everyone knows this is a fix and it's all your chav 'chums' who vote for you! You will be voted off not before time very soon, at the expense of actual decent singers. ;o) Thurrockbob

10:10pm Tue 20 Nov 12

SaveOurStanford says...

xxxdave wrote:
If he wins the competition he is going to get his mum a new front door and some decking because she is ill..... what a F---k--g idiot... vote him off wrongen and tight fisted wholly.
You are such a small minded idiot ! Personaly i hope he does Win as it will show the whole Crapfactor for what it realy is a dumb show where B class celebs are sit behind a desk giving it large like God. Such a waste of weekend tv !
[quote][p][bold]xxxdave[/bold] wrote: If he wins the competition he is going to get his mum a new front door and some decking because she is ill..... what a F---k--g idiot... vote him off wrongen and tight fisted wholly.[/p][/quote]You are such a small minded idiot ! Personaly i hope he does Win as it will show the whole Crapfactor for what it realy is a dumb show where B class celebs are sit behind a desk giving it large like God. Such a waste of weekend tv ! SaveOurStanford

1:52am Wed 21 Nov 12

Thurrock Trojan says...

Crap like X Factor is why ITV isn't worth watching anymore. As for Rylan, I couldn't give a toss about him or X Factor.

This is supposed to be a website that delivers local news and information on important issues and not publishing articles about a wannabe pop star.
Crap like X Factor is why ITV isn't worth watching anymore. As for Rylan, I couldn't give a toss about him or X Factor. This is supposed to be a website that delivers local news and information on important issues and not publishing articles about a wannabe pop star. Thurrock Trojan

8:28am Wed 21 Nov 12

Freddy K says...

X-Factor is more about the judges than the artists, the show should have been canned after the second series, it has become a joke competition where people with real talent are thrown out for those that have very little.

If Rylan is more of a personality than a singer why is he on X-Factor and not Britains Got Talent, after all X-Factor is meant to be a Singing Contest.
X-Factor is more about the judges than the artists, the show should have been canned after the second series, it has become a joke competition where people with real talent are thrown out for those that have very little. If Rylan is more of a personality than a singer why is he on X-Factor and not Britains Got Talent, after all X-Factor is meant to be a Singing Contest. Freddy K

1:48pm Wed 21 Nov 12

I-say-you-say says...

Oh Thurrockbob! How wrong you are! Neither am I Rylan nor a friend of his, I certainly haven't voted for him and I am most certainly far from being a "chav" as you so politely and completely incorrectly referred to me as. And if you look around this site a bit more, you will find that I have commented on many other stories that I doubt very much either Rylan or his "chav chums" would comment on.

I am simply a person who thinks that in this day and age where everyone expects everything to drop in their laps when they want it and sit and whinge and moan and blame everyone else when it doesn't happen, a person who actually goes out there and does what they can to try and achieve their dreams should not be slated for it.
Oh Thurrockbob! How wrong you are! Neither am I Rylan nor a friend of his, I certainly haven't voted for him and I am most certainly far from being a "chav" as you so politely and completely incorrectly referred to me as. And if you look around this site a bit more, you will find that I have commented on many other stories that I doubt very much either Rylan or his "chav chums" would comment on. I am simply a person who thinks that in this day and age where everyone expects everything to drop in their laps when they want it and sit and whinge and moan and blame everyone else when it doesn't happen, a person who actually goes out there and does what they can to try and achieve their dreams should not be slated for it. I-say-you-say

6:27pm Wed 21 Nov 12

DannyButcher says...

I-say-you-say,

What you said makes no sense. Sure, people should go for the dreams. If those dreams are being a vocally excellent recording artist, then the X-Factor is the right place. But we both know that Rylan doesn't have the voice to deserve to be there.

He clearly isn't interested in winning the x-factor for the right reasons, or he wouldn't be there. He knows he doesn't have the greatest voice..... so why the hell go out for a singing competition?

Maybe some people would give him a break, if he didn't come across as a totally attention seeking, over the top, judge attacking, non-contestant. Add to the fact this isn't his first reality tv show, and I think it really adds up to a non-entity.

If he wanted to go for his 'dreams', maybe you should tell us what they are, because being a great singer clearly isn't it.....and as he is on a singing competition, do you not understand that people are going to be bemused?
I-say-you-say, What you said makes no sense. Sure, people should go for the dreams. If those dreams are being a vocally excellent recording artist, then the X-Factor is the right place. But we both know that Rylan doesn't have the voice to deserve to be there. He clearly isn't interested in winning the x-factor for the right reasons, or he wouldn't be there. He knows he doesn't have the greatest voice..... so why the hell go out for a singing competition? Maybe some people would give him a break, if he didn't come across as a totally attention seeking, over the top, judge attacking, non-contestant. Add to the fact this isn't his first reality tv show, and I think it really adds up to a non-entity. If he wanted to go for his 'dreams', maybe you should tell us what they are, because being a great singer clearly isn't it.....and as he is on a singing competition, do you not understand that people are going to be bemused? DannyButcher

5:39am Thu 22 Nov 12

Thurrockbob says...

I-say-you-say wrote:
Oh Thurrockbob! How wrong you are! Neither am I Rylan nor a friend of his, I certainly haven't voted for him and I am most certainly far from being a "chav" as you so politely and completely incorrectly referred to me as. And if you look around this site a bit more, you will find that I have commented on many other stories that I doubt very much either Rylan or his "chav chums" would comment on.

I am simply a person who thinks that in this day and age where everyone expects everything to drop in their laps when they want it and sit and whinge and moan and blame everyone else when it doesn't happen, a person who actually goes out there and does what they can to try and achieve their dreams should not be slated for it.
lol ...... but this no-mark does want something to drop in his lap, stardom! Which we all know won't happen because he is a buffoon. Dreams my a**e it would have to be a large dream lol.
Anyway everyone is entitled to there opinion, and most think the div Rylan is a joke. Have a nice day in your world now!
[quote][p][bold]I-say-you-say[/bold] wrote: Oh Thurrockbob! How wrong you are! Neither am I Rylan nor a friend of his, I certainly haven't voted for him and I am most certainly far from being a "chav" as you so politely and completely incorrectly referred to me as. And if you look around this site a bit more, you will find that I have commented on many other stories that I doubt very much either Rylan or his "chav chums" would comment on. I am simply a person who thinks that in this day and age where everyone expects everything to drop in their laps when they want it and sit and whinge and moan and blame everyone else when it doesn't happen, a person who actually goes out there and does what they can to try and achieve their dreams should not be slated for it.[/p][/quote]lol ...... but this no-mark does want something to drop in his lap, stardom! Which we all know won't happen because he is a buffoon. Dreams my a**e it would have to be a large dream lol. Anyway everyone is entitled to there opinion, and most think the div Rylan is a joke. Have a nice day in your world now! Thurrockbob

11:56am Thu 22 Nov 12

I-say-you-say says...

Rylan hasn't hidden the fact that he simply wants to be famous (hence his appearances on other tv shows, modelling career etc etc) and the X-Factor was just his next attempt at becoming famous - for whatever he can in whatever way he can. Is it his problem that the so called "professional" judges kept putting him through the auditions and bootcamp to the point he ended up in the live shows and now quarter finals despite the fact he clearly can't sing and he has admitted as much!?
Thurrockbob - he hasn't expected it to drop in his lap, that's why he has attended auditions etc and been rejected numerous times. But even being rejected, rather than moping about it, he's got back out there and tried again. All I am saying is that good on him for doing what he can to achieve his dream of being famous rather than doing nothing like most other people would and it's not his fault that other people are supporting him (clearly more people than people who aren't supporting him!). And clearly he has reached a state of "stardom" (albeit probabbly temporary) despite being a "buffoon" as you say, because the internet, papers and even you are all talking about him! Good or bad, permanent or temporary, he's still got it!
Rylan hasn't hidden the fact that he simply wants to be famous (hence his appearances on other tv shows, modelling career etc etc) and the X-Factor was just his next attempt at becoming famous - for whatever he can in whatever way he can. Is it his problem that the so called "professional" judges kept putting him through the auditions and bootcamp to the point he ended up in the live shows and now quarter finals despite the fact he clearly can't sing and he has admitted as much!? Thurrockbob - he hasn't expected it to drop in his lap, that's why he has attended auditions etc and been rejected numerous times. But even being rejected, rather than moping about it, he's got back out there and tried again. All I am saying is that good on him for doing what he can to achieve his dream of being famous rather than doing nothing like most other people would and it's not his fault that other people are supporting him (clearly more people than people who aren't supporting him!). And clearly he has reached a state of "stardom" (albeit probabbly temporary) despite being a "buffoon" as you say, because the internet, papers and even you are all talking about him! Good or bad, permanent or temporary, he's still got it! I-say-you-say

6:28pm Thu 22 Nov 12

DannyButcher says...

i-say-what-you-say,

For someone who isn't Rylan, or one of his chums, it does seem you know an awful lot about him, and take an awful amount of time to defend him. Odd considering you've never even voted for him.

It is simple. He can't sing, yet is in a singing competition. Regardless of the circumstances, when people see great singers lose out to this non-singer, it makes us question whether the show should even exist.
i-say-what-you-say, For someone who isn't Rylan, or one of his chums, it does seem you know an awful lot about him, and take an awful amount of time to defend him. Odd considering you've never even voted for him. It is simple. He can't sing, yet is in a singing competition. Regardless of the circumstances, when people see great singers lose out to this non-singer, it makes us question whether the show should even exist. DannyButcher

9:26am Fri 23 Nov 12

I-say-you-say says...

DannyButcher wrote:
i-say-what-you-say, For someone who isn't Rylan, or one of his chums, it does seem you know an awful lot about him, and take an awful amount of time to defend him. Odd considering you've never even voted for him. It is simple. He can't sing, yet is in a singing competition. Regardless of the circumstances, when people see great singers lose out to this non-singer, it makes us question whether the show should even exist.
I don't know any more than what has been reported in the news, social networking sites on X-Factor itself which I have been forced to watch when round my friends house.
I've never voted for him or anyone in the show and if I can avoid it then I will.
I am from the same town but I have never met him (he is a few years younger than me and of a very different lifestyle to mine) and as I stated before, it's not him in particular, it's anyone who's decided to chase their dream - and at the moment be successful about it!
I just think that rather than slating a local lad who has done nothing wrong except become famous (irrespective of good or bad in the field he has chosen), we should be supporting him. He went for it and others - in particular professionals in the business - thought there was enough there to put him through to live shows and the public are the ones voting to keep him in. So I repeat, judges put him through, public keep him in and Rylan is the one who gets slated despite admitting he's not the best singer! How is it his fault? And FYI - Katy Perry can't sing but she's an internationally known singer/performer.
Yes, Ella has an amazing voice, but she is an Adele double, who is still very current in the charts therefore do we need another? Also, she was getting incredibly boring with the "slow songs" every time I saw her.
[quote][p][bold]DannyButcher[/bold] wrote: i-say-what-you-say, For someone who isn't Rylan, or one of his chums, it does seem you know an awful lot about him, and take an awful amount of time to defend him. Odd considering you've never even voted for him. It is simple. He can't sing, yet is in a singing competition. Regardless of the circumstances, when people see great singers lose out to this non-singer, it makes us question whether the show should even exist.[/p][/quote]I don't know any more than what has been reported in the news, social networking sites on X-Factor itself which I have been forced to watch when round my friends house. I've never voted for him or anyone in the show and if I can avoid it then I will. I am from the same town but I have never met him (he is a few years younger than me and of a very different lifestyle to mine) and as I stated before, it's not him in particular, it's anyone who's decided to chase their dream - and at the moment be successful about it! I just think that rather than slating a local lad who has done nothing wrong except become famous (irrespective of good or bad in the field he has chosen), we should be supporting him. He went for it and others - in particular professionals in the business - thought there was enough there to put him through to live shows and the public are the ones voting to keep him in. So I repeat, judges put him through, public keep him in and Rylan is the one who gets slated despite admitting he's not the best singer! How is it his fault? And FYI - Katy Perry can't sing but she's an internationally known singer/performer. Yes, Ella has an amazing voice, but she is an Adele double, who is still very current in the charts therefore do we need another? Also, she was getting incredibly boring with the "slow songs" every time I saw her. I-say-you-say

1:35pm Mon 26 Nov 12

DannyButcher says...

Oh well Rylan's chum, the journey is now over. Finally, both the judges and the voters were on the same page at the same time!

But I bet you would prefer all of the others out before Rylan, as lets face it, they can all sing better than Rylan. Plus, in your twisted opinion, this means Ella was right to be kicked off before the joke act, as she is a fantastic singer but like another fantastic singer. Odd huh,

Considering Rylan is like the loud, over the top guy that forces you to leave a bar when he gets on a karaoke machine, the show will be better from here on. It's just a pity that so many good singers are gone at this point. due to the joke that this show had become.
Oh well Rylan's chum, the journey is now over. Finally, both the judges and the voters were on the same page at the same time! But I bet you would prefer all of the others out before Rylan, as lets face it, they can all sing better than Rylan. Plus, in your twisted opinion, this means Ella was right to be kicked off before the joke act, as she is a fantastic singer but like another fantastic singer. Odd huh, Considering Rylan is like the loud, over the top guy that forces you to leave a bar when he gets on a karaoke machine, the show will be better from here on. It's just a pity that so many good singers are gone at this point. due to the joke that this show had become. DannyButcher

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree