GRAYS Athletic are appealing for help after several items were stolen during a break-in at Parkside.

Supporters, club owners and the local community have offered their support to the Isthmian North club following the incident.

And Grays released a statement confirming the act has financial implications for the club.

The club statement read: “The club can report that our lock-up at Parkside suffered a break-in recently.

“Items stolen include footballs, training equipment, merchandise comprising replica shirts, polo shirts, wet tops, hats, scarves and copies of Kris Turner’s book on the history of the club.

“Obviously the impact of this mindless act has financial implications for the club in terms of lost revenue and immediate additional cost to replace those items, especially equipment relating to training and matchdays, such as footballs and bibs.

“It goes without saying should any supporters be offered any of the stolen items they should contact the local police immediately.”

Meanwhile, Grays narrowly missed out on a place in the semi-finals of the Essex Senior Cup after suffering a last-gasp 4-3 defeat to National League South outfit Billericay Town.

The tie was switched to Parkside after numerous postponements at New Lodge in recent weeks.

Although Jim Cooper’s side used the away dressing room, they were comfortable in their surroundings and broke the deadlock inside 20 minutes when Joao Carlos went on a marauding run before finding the back of the net.

Jake Robinson levelled matters for Billericay on the stroke of half-time, but Tony Stokes restored Grays’ advantage seven minutes after the break.

However, Billericay turned the clash on its head as Robinson doubled his tally moments before player-manager Jamie O’Hara saw his free-kick deflect home.

Carlos completed his brace with 12 minutes remaining and it looked as though the tie was heading to penalties.

However, there was a late twist as Billericay were awarded a spot-kick in injury time.

Robinson stepped up and completed his hat-trick.

The loss came little more than 48 hours after Grays were involved in a goalless draw with Isthmian North bottom side Romford.

Neither side could break the deadlock and Grays fell further adrift of the play-off places.

Grays head to Coggeshall Town, who are also closing in on the division’s top five, on Saturday.