A ROTTEN second half performance saw Tilbury well beaten by Bedford Town in the FA Trophy at Chadfields.

The Dockers led at half-time but conceded four second half goals to lose 4-1 against the team from the Southern Division One Central side.

The hosts had the majority of the chances in the first half, with Lewis Jaggs’ strike hitting the crossbar before the first goal arrived.

Abdul Salami nodded home the opener on the half hour but it should have been more than one at the break – Ryan Boswell also striking the frame of the goal.

Ten minutes after half-time the match was all square. Callum Donnelly equalised and four minutes later they led.

Paul Benson tapped home and Gavin Hoyte added a third five minutes later, shortly after Rhys Madden had denied Dan Walker from the penalty spot.

The final goal came with five minutes remaining, Charlie Hayward on target as Tilbury went down with a whimper.

Grays Athletic 2-4 Sevenoaks Town

Grays Athletic also endured a day to forget as Sevenoaks Town ran out 4-2 winners at Parkside – with a similarly poor second half showing.

Joao Carlos scored two impressive goals in the first 15 minutes to put the hosts in charge against the team from the Southern South East division.

Sevenoaks pulled a goal back 10 minutes into the half before Sevenoaks took the initiative in the final 19 minutes.

Alec Fiddes levelled and Frankie Sawyer put Town ahead two minutes later.

Sawyer completed his treble in additional time to send Grays out of the FA Trophy.

Aveley 2-1 Basildon United

An outrageous goal from Tom Richardson sent Aveley through in the FA Trophy at the expense of Basildon United.

The Millers striker sent a backheel into the goal from 12 yards inside the final 15 minutes to win the preliminary round tie and condemn the Bees to a second loss in succession.

And Basildon made the worst possible start. Inside the first minute Alex Akrofi linked up well with Richardson and the latter rolled the ball into the net.

The home team were well in control before Basildon levelled against the run of play. A mistake in defence was capitalised upon and Eljay Worrell continued his excellent goalscoring start to the season with a close-range finish.

Akrofi was halted by Bees goalkeeper Connor Wheatley shortly before half-time with the scores level at the interval.

Aveley again pushed the tempo at the start of the second half, as first Richardson slammed the ball against the crossbar before Andy Freeman’s follow-up was superbly tipped over by Wheatley.

The away custodian prevented George Doyle and again Richardson before the winning goal. With his back to goal Richardson was able to send a powerful flick beyond Wheatley and into the corner.

Aveley had chances to extend their lead but it remained 2-1 at the final whistle.

Weston-super-Mare P-P East Thurrock United

East Thurrock United were dealt another blow as their match at Weston-super-Mare suffered a late postponement.

With the Rocks team bus nearing Somerset, the team bus ground to a halt after getting caught in traffic following a crash on the M4.