IT proved to be a weekend of mixed results for Aveley, Grays Athletic and East Thurrock United.

James Webster’s Millers returned to winning ways by picking up three points at Soham Town Rangers, while Grays conceded late on to settle for a share of the spoils against Mildenhall Town.

East Thurrock United, meanwhile, were knocked out of the FA Cup in the second qualifying round by Whitehawk.

Soham Town Rangers 0-1 Aveley

Aveley returned to winning ways by picking up three points at Soham Town Rangers.

The Millers went into the Isthmian North clash having picked up a draw at Bowers & Pitsea, thanks to a late equaliser, last time out.

The hosts made a bright start, with Sam Mulready missing a fine opportunity and Chris Bourne having to clear a Callum Russell effort off the line.

Soham found the back of the net midway through the first half, but they were left frustrated as the goal was ruled out for a foul.

The Millers were then frustrated as they had a goal ruled out. Freddie Gard fired home, but Alex Akrofi was adjudged to have fouled the goalkeeper.

But Andy Freeman broke the deadlock seven minutes before half-time to put Aveley in the driving seat.

Like in the first half, Soham made a strong start after the break and Marcus Milner made a fine block on the line.

Millers goalkeeper David Hughes then made a number of superb saves to repel Soham and ensure he would leave with a clean sheet.

Grays Athletic 1-1 Mildenhall Town

Grays Athletic were unable to record back-to-back wins as a late equaliser allowed Mildenhall Town to claim a share of the spoils.

Jamie Stuart’s side went into the clash looking to build on their triumph at Brentwood Town, which was their first three points haul since the opening day of the season.

The hosts took the lead just before the half hour mark as Michael Mignot found the back of the net.

Grays looked to extend their advantage after the break but were unable to take any of the opportunities that came their way.

And the misses proved costly as substitute Kaine Manels levelled matters eight minutes from time to allow Mildenhall to claim a share of the spoils.

East Thurrock United 2-3 Whitehawk

It was a case of deja-vu for East Thurrock United as they were beaten 3-2 by Whitehawk at this stage of the competition for the second time in three seasons.

Rocks handed a debut to striker Shaun Batt but it was strike partner Sam Higgins that had the first chance of the match.

The usually prolific forward scuffed his shot well placed and Whitehawk responded strongly.

On 13 minutes the visitors took the lead. Tommy Fraser crossed for former Southend United striker Jason Williams and he made no mistake.

A Fraser effort was deflected wide as the away team continued to control the tie.

Harry Shooman headed narrowly off target before the equaliser against the run of play.

Ten minutes before half-time Roman Michael-Percil broke through and struck an equaliser.

Frustrated, Whitehawk kept playing at a high tempo and were the width of the woodwork from moving back in front.

Lucas Rodrigues blasted against the crossbar and Rocks were to take advantage after 62 minutes. A defensive slip saw Freddy Moncur take advantage and strike home his first for the club.

Five minutes later the Hawks levelled matters. Henry Muggeridge was found by Rodrigues and he slammed the ball home.

Rocks were rattled and conceded a third 12 minutes before the end. Williams crashed brilliantly beyond Jack Giddens.