DANILO Orsi-Dadomo climbed off the substitutes bench to score a priceless goal as East Thurrock United defeated Slough Town 1-0 to secure their first points of the National League South season.

The goal 12 minutes from time ended Rocks’ run of five consecutive defeats.

Warren Harris had the first effort of the afternoon, bursting through but firing straight at goalkeeper Jack Giddens as the home defence showed early signs of nerves.

The home stopper was then forced into action once again, getting down low to block a goal bound effort.

Manny Williams hit the crossbar as the pressure intensified before Rocks got a foothold in the match.

In one of Rocks’ few chances, Alfie Egan headed wide from 10 yards with Sam Higgins – returned to the side – striking over in the early moments of the second half.

Substitute Tom Derry went down in the penalty area on the hour mark although no penalty was awarded.

Lee Togwell was then thwarted by Giddens, again impressive between the posts, but then Rocks struck.

Substitute Orsi-Dadomo was played through and the striker held his nerve to round the keeper and slide the ball into the goal with 12 minutes remaining.

Concord Rangers are up to second as they drew 1-1 with Wealdstone.

A Jack Midson strike was parried away in the game’s first chance of note but Wealdstone netted the first of the afternoon.

Wealdstone’s Danny Green powered home from inside the penalty to put the home side ahead.

But the leveller was to come five minutes from half-time. Midson knocked the ball into the path of Alex Wall and striker hammered home on the half volley from outside the penalty area for his sixth of the season.

Sam Beasant was then called upon to keep the scores level with Tyrone Sterling clearing off the line shortly after the second half whistle sounded.

But the Beach Boys were worthy of their point come the final whistle.

Billericay Town were surprisingly beaten 2-0 by Chippenham Town as they fell to a first defeat of the season.

Harry Wheeler’s men played an under par first 45 minutes, with neither they or Chippenham truly threatening the goal.

Jake Robinson, usually so reliable, shot over from close range with one of the final acts of the first half – summing up the first half.

And Chippenham struck soon after the break. Matt Jarvis finished well four minutes after the interval to put the hosts in front.

And it was to get worse when James Guthrie picked up on a defensive lapse to strike spectacularly past Louis Wells.