EAST Thurrock United remain without a point after suffering a fifth National League South defeat in succession.

Rocks suffered a 1-0 loss to Gloucester City and finished the encounter with just nine men after Paul Konchesky and Ashley Miller both saw red.

The only goal of the game came with 34 minutes on the clock.

Ben Seymour latches onto Joe Hanks’ ball over the top after beating the offside trap and, with great composure, rode a challenge before coolly slotting past goalkeeper Jack Giddens.

East Thurrock’s chances of getting back into the game were hampered when Konchesky was dismissed on 64 minutes.

The former England international defender was given his marching orders after clashing with Joe Parker.

And Rocks’ day was compounded when Miller picked up a second yellow card 11 minutes from time.

Elsewhere, Grays Athletic were made to settle for an Isthmian North point thanks to a fine goalkeeping display from Canvey Island’s Harry Palmer.

Mitch Hahn grabbed Grays’ goal in the 1-1 draw at Parkside.

Palmer had to be in top form to keep Grays at bay early on, with the Gulls’ summer signing pulling off a double save to deny Aron Gordon and Shomari Barnwell.

But Jamie Stuart’s side were to go in at the break with a one-goal lead thanks to Hahn’s unstoppable strike from 25 yards out.

However, Canvey got back on level terms seven minutes after the interval as Frankie Merrifield powered home a Mitch Gilbey corner.

Grays replied by hitting the back of the net once again, but the goal was ruled out for offside.

The hosts came close to restoring their lead when Barnwell got the better of Jake Pitty before squaring for Usman Adeniji. His shot across goal was going wide but ran into the path of Ade Cole, who could not convert with a backheel.

Meanwhile, two late goals saw Tilbury pegged back and draw 2-2 at Soham Town Rangers.

The Dockers took the lead on the stroke of half-time, with Adam Vyse breaking the deadlock.

And Joe Keith’s side doubled their advantage two minutes after the break as summer signing Lewis Smith found the back of the net.

Jon Kaye was sent off to give Soham an even more difficult challenge of getting back into the game, but Sam Mulready gave the hosts hope with a 90th minute penalty.

And Soham clinched a point as Mulready completed his brace in the dying moments.

But there was still time for the home side to be reduced to nine men as Lewis Endacott was given his marching orders.