AVELEY and Tilbury completed their Isthmian North campaigns in victorious fashion, while Thurrock and Grays Athletic were defeated on the road.

Thurrock fell to a 5-2 defeat against Staines Town in the final game in the club’s history.

However, Fleet raced into a two-goal lead inside the opening eight minutes of the Isthmian Premier League encounter.

Mark Stimson’s side broke the deadlock within 60 seconds as Ronnie Winn raced onto a through ball and beat Julian Schwarzer to find the back of the net.

And Jordan Clark doubled the visitors’ advantage after racing towards the Staines penalty area and unleashing a strike.

The hosts looked to find a way back into the clash and Ben Martin saw his header cleared off the goal-line.

Elliott Buchanan started Staines’ comeback on 23 minutes.

The striker got on the end of Mohamed Bettamer’s cross and tucked home from six yards out.

And Buchanan converted a Max Worsfold cross four minutes later to get Staines back on level terms.

The game was turned on its head on 29 minutes as Bettamer headed Worsfold’s corner into the back of the net. As a result, the hosts could celebrate scoring three goals in the space of six minutes.

Buchanan struck the crossbar as a hugely entertaining first half came to a close.

Bettamer’s header was scrambled off the goal-line following the break, while Buchanan completed his hat-trick on 82 minutes.

Buchanan, who was able to celebrate picking up the golden boot, scored his 39th goal of the season five minutes later to complete the scoring.

Meanwhile, Aveley registered a 3-1 win over Mildenhall Town to finish the campaign on a high.

Tom Richardson’s curling effort from 25 yards out allowed the Millers to move into the lead after 14 minutes.

And James Webster’s side notched their second goal of the afternoon 11 minutes later.

Southend United loanee Dan Walker pulled the ball back to Russell Malton, whose cross found Tony Martin to nod home.

Jake Chambers-Shaw fired into the bottom corner of the net to halve the deficit on 31 minutes.

George Doyle struck the crossbar just before the break as Aveley piled on the pressure.

Richardson completed the scoring early in the second half after Mildenhall goalkeeper Jake Hallett failed to hold onto Chris Bourne’s strike.

Elsewhere, Tilbury were able to end their Isthmian North campaign in triumphant style.

The Dockers notched a 2-0 victory at Witham Town.

Harry Norman claimed the opening goal of the Essex derby with half an hour on the clock.

Norman completed his brace and the scoring eight minutes before time.

Grays Athletic’s season ended in defeat, as AFC Sudbury were 1-0 winners.

The only goal of the game came with 78 minutes on the clock.

Phil Kelly found the back of the net to condemn Jamie Stuart’s side to a final day loss.