THURROCK scored two goals in the final 10 minutes to claim all three points, while Grays Athletic and Aveley came from behind to secure a share of the spoils.

Tilbury, meanwhile, were condemned to a narrow defeat at Hertford Town.

Fleet moved up to 12th place thanks to a 3-1 win at Brightlingsea Regent.

Both sides won promotion from the Isthmian North last term and the hosts came close to taking the lead when Aaron Condon clattered the crossbar with a venemous strike.

However, the Mark Stimson's side were to move into the lead on the half hour mark thanks to Ronnie Winn's low strike.

Brightlingsea's leveller came on 62 minutes and followed a handball, after a ball in from the left.

Top goalscorer Billy Hunt stepped forward and confidently dispatched the ball into the net.

However, Remi Sutton broke through the home defence with eight minutes left and coolly slotted a low effort past goalkeeper James Bradbrook.

Reece Cave then put the gloss on the victory three minutes from time, steering the ball home after a free-kick from the left was missed by Bradbrook.

As a result, Thurrock have now won four Isthmian Premier League clashes on the trot.

Elsewhere, a late Tommy Wade brace allowed Grays Athletic to secure a 2-2 draw against Ware.

Kick-off was delayed at Parkside due to traffic problems and all of the goals came in the second half.

Jordon Watson steered the struggling visitors in front thanks to a penalty three minutes after the break.

And Dave Cowley put Ware in a commanding position after getting his name on the scoresheet with just 14 minutes to play.

However, Grays would not go down without a fight and Wade broke Ware's resolve eight minutes from time.

Just 60 seconds later, Wade grabbed his second of the afternoon to allow Jamie Stuart's side to claim a share of the spoils.

Aveley also came from behind to notch a point as they drew 1-1 at Soham Town Rangers.

Sam Mulready put the home side in front against the run of play on 26 minutes.

Dan Walker, who was making his first start since joining the Millers on loan from Southend United, was denied by Soham goalkeeper Josh Pope following a dangerous cross from Tom Richardson.

And it was Richardson who claimed the Aveley equaliser after 67 minutes as the former East Thurrock United striker connected with a George Doyle cross.

Millers custodian Rhys Madden stopped Soham scoring a late winner as he tipped a free-kick onto the crossbar, while Tony Martin also made a goal line clearance, but it was honours even come full-time.

Meanwhile, Tilbury were to suffer late heartbreak at Hertford Town.

Harry Norman found the back of the net to give the Dockers an 11th minute lead, but Charlie Ruff fired home just seven minutes later to claim the 6,000th league goal in Hertford's history.

The game was turned on its head just before the half hour mark as Jason Beck fired home after neat play by Ruff and George Lutaaya.

Luke Illsley cleared off the goal line to deny Tilbury a leveller, but Joe Keith's side were handed a numerical advantage on 64 minutes as Jay Lovell was shown a second yellow card and Hertford were reduced to 10 men.

Tilbury piled on the pressure and struck the crossbar just a minute before Jack Carlile got the visitors back on level terms from the penalty spot.

However, Hertford notched the winner with nine minutes to play as Michael Toner drilled a Hertford spot kick low into the back of the net.