BOWERS & Pitsea kept up their Isthmian North promotion push as they secured a 3-2 win over Tilbury at the Len Salmon Stadium.

Jamie Dicks’ early goal was cancelled out by Kris Newby, but the Dockers went down to 10 men soon after as Newby saw red.

Callum Chafer pulled off two impressive penalty saves to deny Tilbury going in front, and Tony Stokes restored the hosts’ lead with five minutes to go.

The Dockers hit back through Charlie Little’s late strike, but John Easterford secured the Bowers win with a stoppage time header.

The Dockers made a lightning quick start and could have taken the lead when Toby Aromolaran cut inside and curled wide inside the first minute.

But Bowers were to go ahead with their first attack of the game.

Lewis Clark’s long throw eventually came to Dicks, who fired home through a crowded penalty area.

And Fahad Nyanja could have doubled Bowers’ lead just two minutes later, but his lob over the onrushing Clarke Bogard drifted just wide of the target.

Tilbury skipper Adam Vyse could only divert a weak header goalwards when well placed as the opening 10 minutes were full of opportunities for both sides at the Len Salmon Stadium.

The Dockers continued to go in search of a leveller and they would have had one were it not for Lewis Clark’s brilliant block from Vyse.

Nyanja forced Bogard into a good save down to his right after cutting inside as the game started to settle down.

But Tilbury hit back just past the half hour mark as Newby found the bottom corner with a superb half-volley, which gave Bowers goalkeeper Chafer no chance.

But just a matter of minutes later, Newby was shown a straight red card for a late challenge on Dicks.

David Knight should have scored with an unmarked header soon after, but he could only direct his effort wide of the target.

Tilbury were handed a fantastic opportunity to go in front early in the second half, when referee Christopher Myatt pointed to the spot.

But Chafer pulled off a brilliant save down to his right to deny Vyse from 12 yards.

The Dockers were then awarded a second penalty on 67 minutes after Chafer brought down a Tilbury attacker.

But Chafer made a second penalty save – this time down to his left – to stop Aromolaran’s weak effort finding the back of the net.

Joseph Turpin was lucky to remain on the pitch after he hauled down Lewis Manor when the striker appeared to be through on goal.

The referee elected to book the defender and Knight’s resulting free kick was well saved by Bogard.

The Tilbury shot-stopper then made another diving stop to thwart Knight as Bowers looked to turn up the heat.

John Easterford headed just over the crossbar from six yards as he beat Bogard to Adalberto Pinto’s cross.

But Bowers were to retake the lead five minutes from time as Tony Stokes’ effort from the edge of the penalty area deflected over the diving Bogard and into the back of the net.

However, the 10 men were to come back again as Little lashed home just three minutes after coming off the bench.

Bowers were not to be denied all three points though, as Easterford headed home a stoppage time corner to secure the win.

Bowers & Pitsea: Chafer, Boswell (Pinto 52’), Nyanja (Ashman 58’), M. Stokes, Easterford, Clark, Salmon (T. Stokes 52’), Sartain, Knight, Manor, Dicks

Tilbury: Bogard, Salami, Adebayo (Mead 46’), Keith (Anderson 69’), Odelusi, Turpin, Newby, Carlile, Vyse (Little 84’), Gleed, Aromolaran