THURROCK suffered back-to-back defeats as they went down 42-22 against Havant in London Division One South.

The first score came for the home team when left winger Freddie Russo found some space and shrugged off a Havant tackle to power through the midfield and dot down for a try, which was converted by Jake Barrand.

The visitors hit back almost immediately when Joel Knight knocked over a rare drop-goal after a series of drives only for Barrand to add another penalty when Havant were penalised for holding on.

But a brace of tries for Havant followed, with both conversions added to put Havant 13 points ahead at half-time.

After a change of kits, with the referee unable to often tell the difference in the first 40 minutes, Havant seized the early initiative to move a further seven points clear.

The try-scoring bonus followed not long after the third score.

Thurrock never stopped playing throughout the 80 minutes and they hit back with several late scores.

Speedy left wing Nathan Farrell celebrated his birthday with a try only for Havant to score a fifth try and wrap up the result.

Knight completed a good day with the boot and knocked over the conversion.

A mess up in the back line allowed Thurrock another chance to stretch their lead.

The hosts’ big pack was too hot to handle and bundled over the line, with captain Reece Durrance getting the accolades.

Barrand added the conversion and although Thurrock continued to press for a bonus point it was to no avail.

Thurrock visit CS RUGBY on Saturday, kick-off at 2pm.

>It was another crushing win for the T-Birds as they ran out 54-0 winners against Trojans Ladies in the Championship One South.

After a winless November, it only took 10 minutes for the T-Birds to open the scoring through Tamara Nicholls.

In a 20 minute spell of scintillating rugby, the T-Birds scored six tries with Sophie-Jane Tyler, Jodie Rettie, Georgia Cook, Mercedes Foy, Nicholls and Kara Hepper on target.

Tyler opened the second half scoring after only three minutes, with Rettie next to complete her double.

But Tyler was to complete her hat-trick in the final 20 minutes to make the score 47-0.

The final points of the game came thanks to Ellie Lawther.

She bagged a fine solo score under the posts, allowing Cook to kick the extra two points for Thurrock and wrap up an excellent result.

The T-Birds welcome Bath at 2pm on Sunday.