GRAYS Athletic secured a convincing win over Witham Town as they continue to climb the Isthmian North standings.

Jamie Stuart's side travelled to the home of their Essex rivals full of confidence having claimed a 1-0 win over Dereham Town in midweek, thanks to a stoppage time winner from Ade Cole.

But Grays' win was to prove to be more comfortable this time around, as they ran out 4-1 winners.

Kieran Bishop fired the visitors in front with a 36th minute penalty, while full-back Ryan Mahal doubled Grays' advantage two minutes before the break.

Jamie Slabber, who returned to the club in the summer, got his name on the scoresheet soon after the interval and Bishop was to complete his brace to give Grays a four-goal lead after 65 minutes.

Correy Davidson grabbed a consolation for Witham from the penalty spot 12 minutes before time.

Meanwhile, Tilbury were unable to beat Soham Town Rangers.

The home side went down to 10 men in the first half, but were still able to notch a 2-1 victory over Joe Keith's men.

Adam Vyse put the Dockers in front with a penalty just past the half hour mark, which saw Soham defender Will Gardner shown a straight red card.

However, two goals in as many second half minutes turned the game on its head.

Lewis Clayton and Craig Gillies gave Soham a lead to hold on to and they managed to see off the threat of Tilbury and claim all three points.

Elsewhere, it was a day to forget for Thurrock, as they lost 4-1 at Hendon.

Hendon, who now find themselves in the Isthmian Premier League play-off positions, raced into a three-goal lead inside the opening 25 minutes.

Casey Maclaren got the ball rolling for the home side, as he converted on 18 minutes.

Dave Diedhiou made it two after 22 minutes, while Niko Muir extended Hendon's lead three minutes later.

Ronnie Winn gave Fleet hope as he found the back of the net from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time.

But Hendon were then handed a spot kick of their own just before the hour mark, which Muir scored to end the contest.