JAMES Webster’s Aveley came from behind to secure a 2-2 draw with Dereham Town.

Jordan Watson equalised for the Millers after Rhys Logan had given the away side the lead, but Matthew Castellan restored Dereham’s lead after the break.

However, Southend United loanee Sewa Marah got the Millers back on level terms late on to secure a share of the spoils.

Alex Teniola, who has been in a rich vein of form in front of goal recently, went close early on as he beat Dereham goalkeeper Elliott Pride to the loose ball but his header was cleared off the line by Owen Murphy.

But Dereham, who went into the clash in second place in the Isthmian North standings, were to take the lead with 20 minutes on the clock.

Logan was given too much space by the Millers rearguard and found the bottom corner of the net from 25 yards, giving home goalkeeper Rhys Madden no chance.

However, the Millers could have got back on level terms almost immediately as Robbie Rees worked his way into a promising position before pulling the ball back to Teniola. But the striker hit his effort wide of the target.

Teniola was to make amends though as his dangerous run and pass across the face of goal found Watson, who was able to slide the ball home and level the scores on 32 minutes.

Good play down the left hand side nearly resulted in the away side retaking the lead.

Murphy made a break into the Aveley penalty area and, after regaining possession, his lob over the diving Madden went just wide.

Teniola should have given the hosts a one-goal advantage just before the break as Callum Leahy, who joined the Millers from Bowers & Pitsea last month, nodded a free kick into the striker’s path. But Teniola was unable to divert his close range shot goalwards.

Marah then had penalty appeals waved away after going over under the challenge of Murphy.

Both sides re-emerged for the second half with all to play for and George Doyle thought that he had given the home side the lead, but Pride was able to tip the ball over the crossbar before Alex Stephenson headed the resulting corner wide.

But poor defending from Aveley was to lead to Dereham going in front for a second time.

Daniel Beaumont sent a free kick into a dangerous area and Castellan was given the freedom of the Millers’ six-yard box before heading into the back of the net.

Watson came close to equalising after meeting Rees’ free kick with a diving header.

Jack West’s deflected shot then went inches over the crossbar moments before Marah found the net only to see his close range strike disallowed for offside.

But the Millers were to get back on level terms for a second time as Marah used his pace to latch onto West’s hopeful ball over the top of the Dereham defence before crashing the ball into the back of the net for a share of the spoils.

Aveley: Madden, Malton, Rees, Leahy (Rose 82’), Witherspoon, Stephenson, Hogan, Doyle (Preston 89’), Teniola (West 67’), Watson, Marah