THURROCK notched an important Isthmian Premier League victory, while Grays were also triumphant, Tilbury drew and Aveley suffered defeat in the Isthmian North.

Mark Stimson's Fleet secured a 4-2 win over Burgess Hill Town at Ship Lane.

There was barely 20 seconds on the clock when Dennis Oli fired the hosts into an early lead.

The advantage was very nearly shortlived when a misplaced punch from Jake Jessup was lobbed back in and cleared off the line by Christian Baffour-Akoto.

Thurrock then hit the post before Burgess Hill pulled level.

James Richmond turned home and matters got worse for Fleet as Tony Garrod lobbed Jessup to allow the visitors to go in at the break with a slender advantage.

A Ronnie Winn header struck the crossbar, but Thurrock were to draw level through Winn soon after the restart.

Joe Christou then restored Thurrock's lead following a goalmouth scramble and the points were made safe when Charlie Stimson, who recently made his 200th appearance for the club, converted on the counter attack.

Meanwhile, Grays were able to claim a 1-0 win over Soham Town Rangers, which enabled them to extend their unbeaten run at Parkside to six games.

Jamie Slabber came close with an early chip, but the striker's effort went agonisingly over the crossbar.

Kieran Bishop was denied early in the second half but Grays' pressure was to pay off as Glenn Poole secured all three points with a strike on 72 minutes.

Elsewhere, Tilbury drew 2-2 with high-flying AFC Hornchurch.

The Dockers took the lead on 15 minutes when Abdul Salami stabbed his shot home after a header from captain Adam Vyse.

But the Urchins were level on 28 minutes when Theo Fairweather-Johnson found the net after a superb ball from Matthias Fanimo.

Hornchurch captain Elliot Styles put his side in front shortly after the break as he finished from close range after being picked out by a cross from George Purcell.

Emiel Aiken was then repelled by Sam Mott, but the hosts piled on the pressure and were rewarded in the 82nd minute when Vyse sprinted down the left after a ball from substitute Kurt Smith and, with a good advantage played, he found the back of the net to claim a share of the spoils.

Aveley threw away a half-time lead as they lost 2-1 to fellow strugglers Cheshunt.

Sewa Marah, who scored on his debut in the 2-0 win at Tilbury last week, was on target once again as the Southend United loanee converted on 22 minutes.

But Jason Hallett equalised 10 minutes after the break and Michael Kalu was to notch a 66th minute winner for the home side.