AVELEY and Thurrock picked up important home wins just days before local derbies on Bank Holiday Monday.

The Millers came from behind to beat Witham Town at Parkside - scoring two injury time goals to triumph 2-1.

And Mark Stimson's side registered a 3-2 victory against Worthing to notch their second consecutive Isthmian Premier League win to move up to eighth in the standings ahead of the Saturday fixtures.

Terry Spillane's side went into their Isthmian North clash with Witham Town hoping to bounce back from their FA Cup exit last time out.

But they fell behind after 78 minutes, as Elliot Ronto found a way past Aveley goalkeeper Rhys Madden to give Witham the lead.

It looked as though the Millers were going to suffer a second home defeat of the season, but late drama resulted in the hosts collecting all three points.

Jack West headed home a George Woodward corner five minutes into injury time.

And then Jordan Watson latched onto a West flick-on to hit a 97th minute winner.

The Millers will now go into the Bank Holiday Monday fixture with Parkside tenants Grays Athletic on a high.

Meanwhile, midfielder Joe Christou struck twice for Thurrock to lead Fleet to all three points ahead of the visit of big-spending Billericay Town to Ship Lane on Bank Holiday Monday.

Christou got the home side off to the perfect start as he found the back of the net inside two minutes.

And Fleet, who started the game brightly by creating more chances, doubled their advantage on 25 minutes.

Christou managed to find a way past Worthing goalkeeper Lucas Covolan as the home side took full control.

But the visitors got themselves back into the game 11 minutes before half time, as Ben Pope slid a through ball in to James Fraser, who squeezed his effort past Fleet goalkeeper Tim Brown.

The away side made a promising start to the second half, but Thurrock were to regain their two-goal lead.

Worthing's Ross Edwards was caught in possession and Fleet broke to feed Charlie Stimson, who found the corner of the net just six minutes after the break.

But Worthing came back again just before the hour mark as Gary Elphick powered home a Sam Rents corner.

In the third minute of injury time, Worthing came close to forcing an equaliser as Tony Nwachukwu's cross looped over Brown and onto the crossbar.

But Fleet held on to deservedly claim all three points.