A man suffered burns to his arms after an electrical fire tore through four outbuildings.

Two fire crews tackled the blaze which affected four outbuildings and stopped it from spreading to bungalows in Kerry Road, Grays at about 4.49pm yesterday.

A shed was completely alight and three others were about a quarter alight when the Grays crews arrived.

Watch Manager Dave Hogan said: "Crews did really well to stop the fire spreading to two bungalows, which were very close to the affected sheds and outbuildings.

"Apart from fascias and soffits, the homes were not damaged, which is full credit to the crews' hard work."

Crews also gave first aid to a man who had suffered burns to one of his arms. He was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.

The fire was fully extinguished by 5.52pm. It is believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

Mr Hogan added: "Make sure you follow our advice when using electrical appliances - don't leave items turned on when they are not in use and don't charge items for long periods or when you are not at home."