Videos and photos show fire crews battling a huge pub fire that left a man homeless.

The roof of the Jack O’Lantern Pub in in Daiglen Drive, South Ockendon collapsed in the blaze.

Crews were called to the fire at about 2.18am on Sunday morning and discovered a food van was on fire and the flames had spread to the neighbouring pub roof, which was 75 per cent alight.

Firefighters worked to extinguish the fire by 3.57am.

A man living in the property has been left homeless after the fire caused the roof to collapse and the first floor was left badly smoke damaged.

Essex Fire Service says the cause of the fire was could be accidental or deliberate.