THE family of Simon Dobbin, who was horrifically attacked by Southend United fans, are pushing for a new law to be created forcing offenders to pay cash for life to the NHS.

The dad-of-one and Cambridge United fan was subjected to a horrific attack in 2015 and was left brain damaged after attending an away game at Roots Hall.

He spent a year in hospital following the attack.

But now, Simon’s wife, Nicole, is pushing to see Simon’s Law introduced, and has been meeting with her MP, Matt Hancock, who is also Health Secretary.

And the MP is set to take the law to Parliament and aims to see it discussed in the House of Commons.

Simon’s Law would see anyone convicted of violent public disorder which caused to harm to a person, forced to forfeit a percentage of all the money they earn throughout their lives.

The money would then be paid into the NHS.

Nicole initially tweeted: “Finally after three years I have a meeting with our local MP, to discuss Simon’s Law.

“If you are charged with violent public disorder causing harm to any individual, then those convicted will have to pay a percentage of money earned from wages or benefits, for the rest of their lives.

“This money will then be paid to our NHS service.”

She added: “Had a very positive meeting with our local MP, who will be taking my ideas for Simon’s Law to Parliament, fingers crossed it gets passed.”

Following the vicious attack, 13 men were convicted for their part in the assault.

Sentences for the 13 ranged from a suspended sentence, to five years in prison, with ten-year football banning orders also handed out.

Eight men were found to have been directly involved in the violent disorder, while three were involved in a conspiracy.

Another man was cleared of taking part in the conspiracy but found guilty of hiding one of the men in his bedroom.

Earlier this year, Simon’s family were boosted by the help of DIY SOS.

The DIY SOS team was tasked with building a downstairs extension, a bedroom, physio space, wet room and social space for Simon, from Mildenhall, in Suffolk.

After the attack, Simon spent a year in hospital care and defied experts’ views he would not survive.