Fire crews rushed to a fire at a garden outbuilding.

It happened in Third Avenue, Thurrock at yesterday at 12:17am.

The wooden outbuilding, which had a wood burner and furniture inside it, caught alight when embers from the wood burner were accidentally left smouldering on the floor.

When fire crews got to the property they quickly set about extinguishing the fire which was deep seated in, and under, the floor. Firefighters then checked for hot spots and ensured the whole area was fully cooled.

The floor was destroyed and the rest of the building suffered smoke damage.