This week in Down Memory Lane we go back in time to Fobbing.

This is the first photo of Fobbing Wharf in 1908 when it was still a base for 12 Thames barges. To the right of the weather board building is the rear of the old Ship Inn.

Next we see a delightful, and mostly unspoilt, village which still retains many relics from the past.

This view looking north along the High Road shows the village stores.

The brick built house is Probus Hall which dates from the 16th century.

Then we see the northern side of Fobbing where the road heads out towards the Vange Bell, now the Five Bells. There stands Fishers Cottages that dates back 500 years.

Lastly is a lovely study of boys at play.

The bells had been removed from the church when work was undertaken to rehang them in a new steel frame in about 1930. It is because of these bells that the pub was rename the Five Bells from the old name of the Vange Bell.