IN this week’s Down Memory Lane the Gazette looks back on how Grays used to be.

We are mainly focusing on the view over the railway and some of the changes that have been made over the past 100 years or so...some for the better, others not so much so.

One of the photo shows the Grays Co-op in 1904.

The building was situated directly next to the Boatman’s watch shop.

Following on from the watch shop is the Ambrose Market where the Kings Arms pub can also be seen behind it.

The area was then turned into houses shortly after and they were sadly destroyed in the 1970s.

The Kings Arms as well as the Horncastle’s furniture shop behind the market were involved in the demolition, which then became the Kings Walk houses.