(VARIOUS ROADS) ORDER 2018 NO. 1Notice ID: BR3372312
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL (VARIOUS ROADS) ORDER 2018 NO. 1
Notice is hereby given that Darlington Borough Council proposes to make an Order under Sections 1,2,4,32, 33,35, 45, 46, 47, 49,51,53 and 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and of the Traffic Management Act 2004. The effect of the Order will be as follows:-
1. To introduce No Stopping at School Entrance Mon-Fri 8am-4pm on the east side of Dodsworth Street -from a point opposite the northern boundary 19b Alliance Industrial Estate southwards for a distance of 43.56 metres.
2. To introduce No Waiting and No Loading/Unloading at any time in parts of Invention Row and Silver Place; and to amend the part of John Fowler Way affected by this restriction.
3. To introduce No Waiting and No Loading/Unloading Mon-Fri 8am-5pm in Abbey Road-the north side, from a point 11 metres west of Vane Terrace westwards for a distance of 74.5 metres; and the south side, from apoint28 metreseastoftheeasternboundary63AbbeyRoadeastwardsforadistanceof80metres.
4. To introduce No Waiting at any time in parts of Abbey Road; Alderman Best Way; John Dixon Lane; John Fowler Way; John Williams Boulevard; Oban Court and Winding Way; and to remove that restriction from Un-named Road off John Williams Boulevard South from its junction with John Williams Boulevard South eastwardsfora distanceof15metres.
5. TodesignatepartsofAldermanBestWayason streetbusinessparking places; wherebyparking isby permitholdersonly. Permitscan beboughtbyemployeesofbusinessesatMortonParkBusinessParkat £500 per year.
6. ToamendoneoftheareasonthenorthsideofAbbeyRoadtowhicha2 hourlimited waiting Mon-Sat 9am-5pm restriction applies from (currently) from a point 11 metres west of its junction with Vane Terrace to a point 134 metres east of its junction with Cleveland Avenue to (proposed) from a point 52.5 metres to apoint119metreseastofitsjunction withClevelandAvenue.
7.Tointroducea20mphspeed limitand aprohibitionofgoodsvehiclesover7.5tonnestofollowing roads - Bakewell Mews; Collingsway; Colpitts Lane; Comet's Garth; Holderness Drive; Hubback Square; Hunt Mews; Invention Row; Jeremiah Drive; Old Favourite's Walk; Red Rose Close; Research Road; Shorthorn Lane; Skerningham Avenue; Steam - Plough Place; Teeswater Drive; and Turf Close.
8. Tointroducea20mphspeedlimittopartofJohnFowlerWay(fromitsjunctionwithAldermanLeachDrive to the western end of the street) and to the entirety of the following roads - Bobbin Crescent; Carding Drive; Elwin Lane; Gibb Avenue; Paton Way; Royal Oak Yard; Spindle Grove; and Spinning Close. To introduce a prohibitionofgoodsvehiclesover7.5tonnestoWildairCloseandWinding Way.
9. To designate the area of land off Alderman Best Way bounded north by open land, on east by Alderman Best Way, on west by Steel Works and on the south by open land as an off street business parking place to be known as Morton Palms Car Park whereby parking is by permit holders only. Permits can be bought by employeesofbusinessesatMortonParkBusinessParkat£500peryear.
Full detailsoftheOrderarecontainedinthefull Noticewhich canbelocatedatwww.darlington.gov.uk/ trafficorders. The Notice, draft Order, plans and a statement of the Council's reasons for making the Ordermaybeexaminedfreeofchargeduring thehoursof9am to4.00pm MondaytoFridayinclusiveat theTownHall, Feethams, Darlington. Ifyouhaveanyqueriesregarding theproposedchangespleasephone 01325-406707. If you wish to object to the proposals contained in the Order you should send the grounds of your objection in writing by the 26th March 2018 to the Assistant Director - Law and Governance, Town Hall, Darlington DL1 5QT (Ref: AE) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated 3rd March 2018