M25 AND M26 MOTORWAYS AND A20 TRUNK ROAD (KENT)Notice ID: MF0232446
M25 AND M26 MOTORWAYS AND A20 TRUNK ROAD (KENT) TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that Highways England Company Limited intends to make an Order on the M25 and M26 Motorways and A20 Trunk Road in the County of Kent, under Section 14(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 because works are proposed to be executed on the road. The effect of the Order would be to authorise the phased overnight closure of:
1. the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 between the exit slip road and the entry slip road at Junction 3 (M20/A20);
2. both carriageways of the M25 between the exit slip road at Junction 2 (A2) and the entry slip road at A282 Junction 1b (A225/A296);
3. the London-bound carriageway of the M20 and A20 between the exit slip road at M20 Junction 1 and the entry slip road at Maidstone Junction (B2173) and the layby adjacent to this length of carriageway;
4. the road leading from the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 at Junction 3 (M20 Junction 1);
5. the roads leading to and from both carriageways of the A20 at Swanley Interchange (M20 Junction 1/M25 Junction 3);
6. the road connecting to the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 from the Londonbound carriageway of the M20 motorway at Junction 3 (M20 Junction 1), and the road connecting the clockwise carriageway of the M25 to the coast-bound carriageway of the M20 at Junction 3 (M20 Junction 1);
7. the road leading to the coast-bound carriageway of the A20 at Crittalls Corner Interchange (A223/A224);
8. the road leading to the anti-clockwise carriageway of the A282 at Darenth Interchange (A282/A2);
9. the road connecting to the anti-clockwise carriageway of the A282 from the Londonbound carriageway of the A2 at Darenth Interchange (A282/A2); and 10. the road connecting the clockwise carriageway of the A282 to the coastbound carriageway of the A2 at Darenth I n t e rc h a n g e ( A 2 8 2 / A 2 ) .
These measures would be in the interests of road safety while contractors undertake carriageway works, inspections, maintenance and all associated works. It is expected that the work would last for approximately 5 weeks starting on or after Monday 11th September 2017. The closures would take place as follows:
Monday - Thursday nights – 22:00 to 05:30 Friday nights – 23:00 to 06:00 Saturday nights – 22:00 to 06:00 Sunday nights – 22:30 to 05:30 The Order would come into force on 9 September 2017 and have a maximum duration of eighteen months.
Traffic affected by the closures would be diverted via other junctions of M25, A2, and A282, or using the A233, B258, and B2173. The route will vary depending on the closures in force. The temporary closures and diversion routes would be clearly indicated by traffic signs when they are in operation during the works period.
P Ryder, an Official of Highways England Co Ltd. Ref: HE/SE/2017/M25/162 Highways England Company Limited, (Company No. 9346363). Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ. A company registered in England and Wales. For enquiries, please contact the Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000 or email@example.com . http://www.highways.gov.uk