ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (MAUD ROAD E10) (MAINS WATER CONNECTION) (ROAD CLOSURE) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021 (TT36(21))Notice ID: WAT2253736
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (MAUD ROAD E10) (MAINS WATER CONNECTION) (ROAD CLOSURE) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021 (TT36(21))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it intends on making an Order to enable Thames Water mains water connection works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
2. The general effect of the Order would be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) from:
(a) entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in Maud Road E10 between its junction with High Road Leyton and the common boundary of No.7 and 8 Maud Road; and
(b) waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in York Road E10 between the south-east kerb line of Alexandra Road and the common boundary of Nos. 24 and 26 York Road, (this will result in the suspension of permit parking space).
3. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in item 2 above remain in force, advance warning signage and alternative routes for traffic shall be in place.
4. Whilst works are being carried out and only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, one-way working or no-entry prohibitions in Maud Road E10 and in York Road E10 - between Alexandra Road and Maud Road, would be temporarily suspended.
5. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of the Order would be removed.
6. The prohibition mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow)
7. The Order would come into operation on 25th November 2021 and would be valid for a maximum period of 6 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
'Leaflets would be distributed, and signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the effects and of any temporary traffic management as necessary. Works are expected to be completed within two weeks, however, the order duration has been extended to allow for a return to site in case of unforeseen issues or a delay to the works start date.
Dated 11th November 2021
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS