London Road, Grays (Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads) No. 117 Order 2020Notice ID: BAS1913416
London Road, Grays (Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads) No. 117 Order 2020
1J The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to: -
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along London Road, Grays, between its junction with Wharf Road and the entrance to Aldl Car park.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway resurfacing to be carried out by Thurrock Council.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles will be London Road westbound, Devonshire Road, Hogg Lane, Eastern Way and vice versa for westbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 29th November 2020 between 08:00hrs and 17:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
Dated: 19th November 2020
Asst Director of Highways, Fleet and Logistics Environment, Highways & Counter Fraud Thurrock Council