Conways Road, Orsett (Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads) No. 71 Order 2020Notice ID: COL1767477
Conways Road, Orsett (Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads) No. 71 Order 2020
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to: -
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Conways Road, Orsett, in both directions between its junctions with Parkers Farm Road and Prince Charles Avenue.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing work.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Prince Charles Avenue, A128 Brentwood Road, Conways Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 8th July 2020 for three days between the times of 08:00hrs and 17:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. Access will be maintained for businesses and residents at all times.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
Dated: 2nd July 2020
Julie Rogers Director of Environment, Highways and Counter Fraud Thurrock Council