MEMBERS' ALLOWANCES SCHEME - LONDON BOROUGH OF BEXLEYNotice ID: SUT1216971
legal & Public Notices
MEMBERS' ALLOWANCES SCHEME - LONDON BOROUGH OF BEXLEY
The London Borough of Bexley has made a new Members' Allowances Scheme in accordance with the Local Authorities (Members' Allowances) (England) Regulations 2003 for the period 29 May 2019 to 31 March 2020. In making the Scheme, the Council had regard to the recommendations of an Independent Panel on the Remuneration of Councillors in London.
The Scheme is available for inspection between 9am and 5pm at the Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7AT together with a record of payments made to each Councillor and Co-optees. The scheme is also published on the Council's website at
The amended Scheme provides for a basic allowance of £9,798 to every Member of the Council. In addition Special Responsibility Allowances are payable as set out below.
Annual Amount £
LONDON BOROUGH OF BEXLEY - The Bexley (Prescribed Routes) (No. X) Traffic Order 20XX - The Bexley (Waiting & Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. X) Traffic Order 20XX
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Bexley propose to make the above mentioned Traffic Orders under section 6 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by section 8 of and Part I of Schedule 5 to the Local Government Act 1985, and of all other powers thereunto enabling
2. The general effect of the Bexley (Prescribed Routes) (No. X) Traffic Order 20XX would be that no person shall cause any vehicle the overall width of which together with the load (if any) carried thereon exceeds 7 feet, to proceed beyond a point, situated on the 'east-west' arm of Rainbow Road, at a location 4.0 metres west of the eastern property wall of Amethyst Court (This restriction would not apply to vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes)
3. The general effect of the Bexley (Waiting & Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. X) Traffic Order 20XX would be, in connection with the installation of the width restriction, to introduce double yellow line (at anytime) waiting restrictions on both sides of Rainbow Road in the vicinity of the proposed width restriction
4. Copies of the proposed Orders, (and any Orders that have amended the W&L Restriction Order), the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Orders, and a map which indicates the length of roads to which the Orders relate, can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive, atthe Contact Centre, Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7AT
5. For further information, please telephone Martin Rayner on 020 3045 4428
6. Any person desiring to object to the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their objections and the grounds thereof, to the London Borough of Bexley, Traffic Services, Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7AT or by email to
within 21 days of the date of this Notice.
7. Persons objecting to the proposed Orders should be aware that this Council would be legally obliged to make any comment received in response to this Notice, open to public inspection.
GWard Dated 19 June, 2019
Deputy Director (Major Projects, Infrastructure and Delivery)
Leader of the Council
Leader of Main Opposition
Cabinet Members (x 6)
Overview and Scrutiny Committee Chairman (x4)
Overview and Scrutiny Committee Vice Chairman (x4)
Overview and Scrutiny Main Opposition Spokesman (x 4)
Planning Committee Chairman
Planning Committee Vice-Chairman
Planning Opposition Spokesman
Licensing Committee Chairman
Audit and General Purposes Committee Chairman
Pensions Committee Chairman
Cabinet/Scrutiny Liaison Member
In addition, a total Special Responsibility Allowance of £500 is given to the Chairman of an Overview and Scrutiny Project Sub Group, which is payable, following submission of the Sub Group's final report. No Member should chair more than one such sub group, appointed by the same Overview and Scrutiny Committee, during the Municipal Year. Each Overview and Scrutiny Committee should establish no more than three such Sub Groups in any one Municipal Year. The maximum annual expenditure for each Overview and Scrutiny Committee under this provision is therefore £ 1,500.
Data Protection Registration - The Council pays the cost of registering each individual Member with the Information Commissioner's Office.
There is an annualised allowance for Independent Persons of the Members' Code of Conduct Committee and Co-optees based on a standard sum of £50 per meeting.
By decision of the Council, Members are not entitled to apply for inclusion in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Councillors may claim travel and subsistence allowances for a range of out-of-Borough approved duties clearly specified in the Scheme and Independent Persons and Co-opted members may also claim for travel (but not subsistence).
Members own private vehicle - 45p per mile. This rate may be increased by 3p per mile for the first passenger and 2p per mile for the second and subsequent passengers (maximum 4) to whom a travelling allowance would otherwise have been payable
This is the rate recommended by Her Majest/s Revenue and Customs (HMRQ. Subsistence
Subsistence Allowances are payable where any elected Member of the Council incurs additional expense on refreshments to enable them to perform an approved duty (including travelling time) outside of the Borough, If the duty makes it necessary for the Member to stay away from home overnight, the subsistence allowance also covers the costs of accommodation.
Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed on claim supported by valid receipts.
Dependent's Carers' or Childcane Allowances - An allowance is available to Councillors whilst undertaking special duties for care of dependent relatives and children at a rate of £5.38p per hour.
^^nore info""01'0" t,^'^ Tick** <"""; ° ^1^-^