M20, M25 AND M26 MOTORWAYS & A282 TRUNK ROADS (KENT) TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: MF0430839
M20, M25 AND M26 MOTORWAYS & A282 TRUNK ROADS (KENT) TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that Highways England Company Limited has made an Order on the M20, M25 and M26 Motorways and A282 Trunk Roads in the County of Kent, under Section 14(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 because works areproposed to be executed on the road. The effect of the Order is to authorise the phased overnight closureof-
1. the clockwise carriageway of the M25 between Junction 4and the road connecting to the southbound carriageway of the M25 Spur Road (connecting to the A21) at Junction 5(M26/A21);
2. both carriageways of the M20 between Junction 1and Junction 3;
3. the eastbound carriageway of the M26 between M25 Junction 5and Junction 2a;
4. the anti-clockwise carriageway of the A282 between Junction 2and Junction 1b;
5. all the roads leading to and from the lengths carriageway as described in 1. to 4. above;
6. the road connecting the clockwise carriageway of the M25 to the southbound carriageway of the M25 Spur Road (connecting to the A21) at Junction 5 (M26/A21); and
7. the road connecting to the coast-bound carriageway of the A2 from the clockwise carriageway of the A282 at Darenth Interchange (M25 Junction 2/A282).
These measures areinthe interests of road safety while contractors undertake carriageway works, bridge works, inspections, drainage, geotechnical works and all associated works. It is expected that the work will last for approximately 6months starting on or after Wednesday 17th June 2019. The overnight closures will take place between (maximum period):
The Order will come into force on
15th June 2019 and have amaximum
duration of eighteen months.
Traffic affected by the closures will be diverted
via other junctions of the M20, M25, M26 and
A282 or by using the A20, A25, A223 and the
A224. The diversion route will vary depending on the closureinplace. The temporary closures and diversion routes will be clearly indicated by traffic signs when they areinoperation during the works period.
JDownham, an Official of Highways England Co Ltd. Ref: HE/SE/2019/A2/134 Highways England Company Limited, (Company No. 9346363). Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey,GU1 4LZ. Acompany registered in England and Wales.
For enquiries, please contact the Customer
Contact Centreon0300123 5000 or