AVELEY stole all three points in a seven-goal thriller at Burrows Farm, as Thurrock's non-league teams played their second league games of the new season on Tuesday night.

The Millers came from 3-1 down to secure an unlikely 4-3 win, with Junior Dadson sliding in the winning goal in the 88th minute.

Harlow took an early lead through Reece Dobson, before Paul Burnett equalised for Aveley.

The second half couldn't have started much worse for Aveley as Hawks striker Aaron Gayle fired home a superb 30-yard effort one minute after the restart before Danny Brown doubled Harlow's lead in the 52nd minute.

It only took five minutes for Justin Gardners spirited troops to fathom a comeback. Substitue Jordan Cox hit a brace, the first a glancing header, the second scored with ten minutes to go, pulling the Millermen level.

Then cue Junior Dadson to slot home the winner after the ball had been deflected into his path. He burst clear of the last defender and buried his effort into the bottom right corner.

Sadly, Aveley's superb comeback was marred by a red card for Ricky Edwards. The central midfielder, who had already been substitued, was sent off for antagonizing the crowd.

Thurrock suffered a second defeat of the season in their first league home game. Bury Town buried Stimson's men in a 3-0 win.

Bury took the lead after 17 minutes, when Town striker Tom Bullard headed home Lee Reed's corner.

Billy Clark then smashed home a free kick from 25 yards to double Bury's lead after 36 minutes.

Bury scored their third on the counter attack late in the second half as Allicion Blake took down a well weighted through ball before beating Thurrock keeper David Hughes.

Thurrock host Lewes on Saturday, when they will be hoping to get their first points on the board.

East Thurrock United earned their second consecutive draw in a tough game at Wealdstone, after their eventful opening day clash with Kingstonian on Saturday.

Stones, who had squandered a host of chances throughout the first half, took the lead in the 42nd minute through striker Richard Jolly.

Kris Newby equalised for Rocks in the 67th minute. His cheeky finish came after the Stones defence had managed to keep out a Rocks onslaught of shots.

Rocks then went in search of a winner, but Stone's keeper Rikki Banks kept them at bay with a series of saves to ensure both sides shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw

Four goals were scored as ten-man Tilbury and visitors Potters Bar Town settled for a point each at Chadfields.

James Gershfield gave The Scholars the lead on eight minutes, despite appearing to be in an offside position.

Francis put Tilbury on terms almost straight away assuredly smashing his second effort home after seeing the first crash off the underside of the cross bar.

The second half started with a bang for Tilbury. After a neat exchange of passes with strike partner Emiel Aiken, Francis then slotted Dockers into the lead, after Aiken's shot was blocked on the line.

Dockers full-back Danny Smith was then dismissed in the 67th minute after being shown a second yellow card, making the task of holding onto a slender lead all the more difficult.

In the end, The Scholars prospered from Dockers misfortune as Joe Nightingill's clearance cannoned off the back of Sam West, bouncing in to the net to give Potters Bar an equaliser in the 80th minute.

The game ended 2-2.