Barkingside sneak win

RYMAN ONE NORTH: TILBURY suffered a rare home defeat to Barkingside on Saturday. Dockers boss Paul Vaughan had reshuffled his side due to injuries and brought in three academy players.

Barkingside started strongly and early on Andy Edmunds fired just wide. A good move in the 11th minute saw Tilbury’s Danny Francis key in Lee Weemes who tested the keeper.

But there was some head scratching among the supporters two minutes later when Weemes was kicked off the ball in view of the assistant but, Weemes ended up being cautioned.

Barkingside took a deserved lead in teh 25 minute when Edmunds slotted home after Tilbury failed to clear.

Within two minutes it was 2-0 to Barkingside when a corner from the left was headed home unmarked by Aaron Scott.

Barkingside continued to push for more.

Tilbury were the better side after the break and Mead had an early chance. Just past the hour there was a key moment as Barkingside struck the underside of the bar twice.

This seem to spur the Dockers on and on 75 got a goal back when Conor Mead crossed for Danny Aldwinckle to head perfectly into the roof of the net for his first senior goal, after scoring regularly for the reserves and youth team.

Barkingside’s keeper Chris Clark had to be at his best inside the last 10 minutes as Tilbury laid siege on the Barkingside goal and made two magnificent saves to deny Crooks and Francis.

In the fifth minute of injury time Clarke again saved on the line from a Francis shot. The result sees Tilbury remain in 13th, but a drift of the play off places.

Tilbury: Ramos, Mead, Waters, Nightingill, Crooks, Christou, Babalola (Johnson 76), Blackman, Weemes (Aldwinckle 64), Francis, and Ashton.


Comments are closed on this article.


Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree