Chemical spillage at Chafford Hundred supermarket after vehicle overturns

Chemical spillage at supermarket after vehicle overturns

Chemical spillage at supermarket after vehicle overturns

First published in News
Last updated
Thurrock Gazette: Matt Abbott by , Chief Reporter

A MAN required treatment after inhaling battery acid fumes which wafted through the air after a cleaning vehicle overturned in a supermarket car park.

Fire crews were quick to the scene of the spillage at Sainsbury's car park in Chafford Hundred this morning and used an environment pack to prevent the toxic acid from leaking into nearby drains.

A man in his 30s needed oxygen therapy after breathing in fumes from his vehicle. He was left in the care of the ambulance service.

Crews attended the scene at around 9.15am today and had dealt with the incident by 9.45am.

Police were notified of the incident by Essex Fire and Rescue Service, but were not required to attend.

 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree