A MAN required treatment after inhaling battery acid fumes which wafted through the air after a cleaning vehicle overturned in a supermarket car park.
Fire crews were quick to the scene of the spillage at Sainsbury's car park in Chafford Hundred this morning and used an environment pack to prevent the toxic acid from leaking into nearby drains.
A man in his 30s needed oxygen therapy after breathing in fumes from his vehicle. He was left in the care of the ambulance service.
Crews attended the scene at around 9.15am today and had dealt with the incident by 9.45am.
Police were notified of the incident by Essex Fire and Rescue Service, but were not required to attend.