Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TGNEWS to 80360 or you can email us Click here for details »
Boy, 12, charged after girls reported knife threat texts
A BOY of 12 has been charged with taking a knife into school and threatening to kill two pupils.
The boy, from Grays, is due in court after the parent of a Year 7 pupil at St Clere’s School, Stanford-le-Hope, claimed she and a friend had been threatened the night before in a text message.
Staff called police the next day and the boy was arrested.
A police spokesman said:“This boy has been charged with carrying an offensive weapon and making threats to kill.
"He will appear at Basildon Youth Court.
“We were contacted shortly before 9am on Wednesday, July2, and asked to attend St Clere’s School due to reports of a boy threatening two 12-year-old children via BlackBerry Messenger.”
Headteacher Ashlie Hughes said the school took such reports very seriously and had acted immediately.
She added:“Ihavespokentoall pupilsattheschooltonotifythem and ensure they know where to go for emotional support, if needed.
“A letter has also been sent to all parents.
“We have confirmed to the parents the 12-year-old male pupil does not live in the Stanford-le-Hope area and reassured them he will not return to St Clere’s School.”