PLANS have been made to turn a former school house into two three bedroom homes.
The Victorian school, in Rectory Road, West Tilbury, opened in 1876 before closing to pupils in 1960.
It is used by Thurrock Council’s roads department, but the authority has instructed Bell Phillips Architects to look at converting the buildings into houses.
The building will be restored to its former glory, with an extension planned in-keeping with the Victoriam theme of the building.
In the desig statement, it states: “Bell Phillips has prepared proposals for its sympathetic conversion into two dwelling houses.
“The rural location has shaped our approach to the remodelling of the school house and the decision to replace its outbuildings with a modest single storey extension.”