4:33pm Friday 1st February 2013
By Emma Thomas
Firefighters tackled a blaze in a maisonette in Chadwell St Mary.
Just after 3.20pm today, three crews were called to the property in Felicia Way after a tumble dryer caught light.
The first floor of the flat was alight and the rest was heavily smokelogged.
Crews from Orsett and Grays worked to extinguish the blaze and some donned breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.
The fire was fully extinguished just before 4pm.
Crews remained on scene clearing smoke from the maisonette for a short time afterwards.
The residents have been left homeless.
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group