Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TGNEWS to 80360 or you can email us Click here for details »
Updated: People left homeless after blaze in Chadwell St Mary
Firefighters tackled a blaze in a maisonette in Chadwell St Mary.
Just after 3.20pm today, three crews were called to the property in Felicia Way after a tumble dryer caught light.
The first floor of the flat was alight and the rest was heavily smokelogged.
Crews from Orsett and Grays worked to extinguish the blaze and some donned breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.
The fire was fully extinguished just before 4pm.
Crews remained on scene clearing smoke from the maisonette for a short time afterwards.
The residents have been left homeless.