Jackie's McSurgery!

Jackie Doyle-Price MP talking to the Glidewell family at McDonald's

Jackie Doyle-Price MP talking to the Glidewell family at McDonald's

First published in News

AN MP held a surgery with a difference, to hear what issues are facing her residents.

Jackie Doyle-Price, Tory MP for Thurrock, spent time talking to people at the McDonald’s restaurant in Lakeside.

She said: “I am very grateful to McDonald’s for letting me have a surgery there.

“We had a good number of people turn up and they had the comfort of a nice seat and a coffee while they were waiting.

“Public drop-ins complement my regular surgeries and public meetings and I hope to have more McSurgeries in future.”

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:47pm Fri 1 Feb 13

Thurrock Trojan says...

Where will the useless woman be holding her next surgery? KFC?
Where will the useless woman be holding her next surgery? KFC? Thurrock Trojan
  • Score: 0

6:30am Sat 2 Feb 13

RBtilbury says...

Pity she doesnt answer her emails. Publicity stunts are all well and good but its the real issues this woman needs to be addressing. Standing up to the PM about the rediculous spending in overseas aid and why he thinks foreigners are more important than people living in the UK?
Pity she doesnt answer her emails. Publicity stunts are all well and good but its the real issues this woman needs to be addressing. Standing up to the PM about the rediculous spending in overseas aid and why he thinks foreigners are more important than people living in the UK? RBtilbury
  • Score: 0

8:25am Sat 2 Feb 13

Dave_ says...

Frankly can't see the problem. As an MP you have to try and engage with your constituents and sometimes that means going where they are rather than sitting in a room waiting for them. Also it puts the MP out of their comfort zone to some extent.
It might be a lead for councillors to follow.
Frankly can't see the problem. As an MP you have to try and engage with your constituents and sometimes that means going where they are rather than sitting in a room waiting for them. Also it puts the MP out of their comfort zone to some extent. It might be a lead for councillors to follow. Dave_
  • Score: 0

11:58am Sat 2 Feb 13

skinthegoat says...

RBtilbury wrote:
Pity she doesnt answer her emails. Publicity stunts are all well and good but its the real issues this woman needs to be addressing. Standing up to the PM about the rediculous spending in overseas aid and why he thinks foreigners are more important than people living in the UK?
Although I disagree with Ms Doyle-Prices' views and her Party, if you include your name and address in your e-mail I am reasonably certain you will get a written reply.
Give it a try......
Me? I.m voting UKIP.
[quote][p][bold]RBtilbury[/bold] wrote: Pity she doesnt answer her emails. Publicity stunts are all well and good but its the real issues this woman needs to be addressing. Standing up to the PM about the rediculous spending in overseas aid and why he thinks foreigners are more important than people living in the UK?[/p][/quote]Although I disagree with Ms Doyle-Prices' views and her Party, if you include your name and address in your e-mail I am reasonably certain you will get a written reply. Give it a try...... Me? I.m voting UKIP. skinthegoat
  • Score: 0

9:49pm Sat 2 Feb 13

Thurrock Trojan says...

Jackie Doyle-Price will be out on here **** in the next election, along with this Mickey Mouse government.
Jackie Doyle-Price will be out on here **** in the next election, along with this Mickey Mouse government. Thurrock Trojan
  • Score: 0

7:25am Sun 3 Feb 13

ebagumtrebor says...

Cameron should hold his hands up and admit that he can't do the things many people want because the LimpDems won't let him. Call the election now, let Labour win and then watch them flatline a year down the line when the banks won't lend them the money they want because the country is bankrupt. With regard to JDP, she is there for you to talk to but still people moan. Where's the Islingtonite PR woman. She only pops up with the odd soundbite and photo opportunity, usually forgetting that she's slagging a former Labour party policy. For her the last Labour government never existed.
Cameron should hold his hands up and admit that he can't do the things many people want because the LimpDems won't let him. Call the election now, let Labour win and then watch them flatline a year down the line when the banks won't lend them the money they want because the country is bankrupt. With regard to JDP, she is there for you to talk to but still people moan. Where's the Islingtonite PR woman. She only pops up with the odd soundbite and photo opportunity, usually forgetting that she's slagging a former Labour party policy. For her the last Labour government never existed. ebagumtrebor
  • Score: 0

10:06am Sun 3 Feb 13

RBtilbury says...

skinthegoat wrote:
RBtilbury wrote:
Pity she doesnt answer her emails. Publicity stunts are all well and good but its the real issues this woman needs to be addressing. Standing up to the PM about the rediculous spending in overseas aid and why he thinks foreigners are more important than people living in the UK?
Although I disagree with Ms Doyle-Prices' views and her Party, if you include your name and address in your e-mail I am reasonably certain you will get a written reply.
Give it a try......
Me? I.m voting UKIP.
I did enclude name and address - maybe its the comments I made - she wont go up to Dave C and push him on his favourite spending project namely overseas aid!
[quote][p][bold]skinthegoat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RBtilbury[/bold] wrote: Pity she doesnt answer her emails. Publicity stunts are all well and good but its the real issues this woman needs to be addressing. Standing up to the PM about the rediculous spending in overseas aid and why he thinks foreigners are more important than people living in the UK?[/p][/quote]Although I disagree with Ms Doyle-Prices' views and her Party, if you include your name and address in your e-mail I am reasonably certain you will get a written reply. Give it a try...... Me? I.m voting UKIP.[/p][/quote]I did enclude name and address - maybe its the comments I made - she wont go up to Dave C and push him on his favourite spending project namely overseas aid! RBtilbury
  • Score: 0

10:07am Sun 3 Feb 13

RBtilbury says...

Excuse spelling - I havent had a tea yet!
Excuse spelling - I havent had a tea yet! RBtilbury
  • Score: 0

10:38am Sun 3 Feb 13

skinthegoat says...

RBtilbury wrote:
skinthegoat wrote:
RBtilbury wrote:
Pity she doesnt answer her emails. Publicity stunts are all well and good but its the real issues this woman needs to be addressing. Standing up to the PM about the rediculous spending in overseas aid and why he thinks foreigners are more important than people living in the UK?
Although I disagree with Ms Doyle-Prices' views and her Party, if you include your name and address in your e-mail I am reasonably certain you will get a written reply.
Give it a try......
Me? I.m voting UKIP.
I did enclude name and address - maybe its the comments I made - she wont go up to Dave C and push him on his favourite spending project namely overseas aid!
Yes, doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy glow to know that Camoron is borrowing all that money to give away? It's only us, our children and grandchildren who will eventually pick up the tab...but "It's the right thing to do...."
Don't expect any change from the Champagne socialists or Limpdums.The only hope for this country is a clean sweep...and I know whose manifesto I agree with.
[quote][p][bold]RBtilbury[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]skinthegoat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RBtilbury[/bold] wrote: Pity she doesnt answer her emails. Publicity stunts are all well and good but its the real issues this woman needs to be addressing. Standing up to the PM about the rediculous spending in overseas aid and why he thinks foreigners are more important than people living in the UK?[/p][/quote]Although I disagree with Ms Doyle-Prices' views and her Party, if you include your name and address in your e-mail I am reasonably certain you will get a written reply. Give it a try...... Me? I.m voting UKIP.[/p][/quote]I did enclude name and address - maybe its the comments I made - she wont go up to Dave C and push him on his favourite spending project namely overseas aid![/p][/quote]Yes, doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy glow to know that Camoron is borrowing all that money to give away? It's only us, our children and grandchildren who will eventually pick up the tab...but "It's the right thing to do...." Don't expect any change from the Champagne socialists or Limpdums.The only hope for this country is a clean sweep...and I know whose manifesto I agree with. skinthegoat
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree