MY wife sent me this. It was written by a 90-year-old. Enjoy!
1) Life isn't fair, but it’s still good. 2) When in doubt, just take the next small step 3) Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. 4) Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your
friends and parents will.
5) Pay off your credit cards every month. 6) You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7) Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone. 8) It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it. 9) Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck. 10) When it comes to chocolate,
resistance is futile.
11) Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present. 12) It’s OK to let your children see you cry. 13) Don’t compare your life to others. 14) If a relationship has to be a secret, you
shouldn’t be in it. 15) Everything can change in the blink of an eye. Don’t worry – God never blinks.
16) Take a deep breath It calms the mind. 17) Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18) Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. 19) It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no-one else.
20) When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer. 21) Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion.
22) Over prepare, then go with the flow. 23) Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age. 24) The most important sex organ is the brain. 25) No-one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26) Frame every so-called disaster with these words – ‘in five years, will this matter’? 27) Always choose life. 28) Forgive everyone everything. 29) What other people think of you is none of your
30) Time heals almost everything. Give time time. 31) However good or bad a situation is, it will change. 32) Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33) Believe in miracles. 34) God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did. 35) Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now. 36) Growing old beats the alternative –
dying young. 37) Your children get only one childhood. 38) All that truly matters in the end is that you loved. 39) Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40) If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back. 41) Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. 42) The best is yet to come. 43) No matter how
you feel, get up, dress up and show up. 44) Yield. 45) Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Happy 2012. Make it a good one! – John.